See If You Can Prove This

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bkadoctaj, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Prove to me that you can prove something. I've made this request before. I'll give you a hint: treat it like it's a nested loop. :)

2. i would like to prove to you that you cant prove anything! but i cant, thats impossible!

well.. im not one to say whats possible or not, but proving that you cant prove anything seems like a contradiction to me

3. so i herd u liek mudkips

Prove me wrong, anon.

4. I can prove gravity exists by letting go of an object in mid air.

5. That doesn't prove gravity exist. It proves there's a very short, invisible and probably pissed off guy that steals your stuff.

6. You're not on crack are you?

7. Crack? No, no, you've got it all wrong. I've been huffing paint thinner and shooting Jack Daniels mixed with more paint thinner directly into my jugular vein for the last few hours. I feel great. And orange.

8. I believe I can prove that Blut is fucked up :D :smoking:

Bkadoctaj: Nothing can be proved. Whether there is enough proof or not, it is in the eyes of the beholder. Everyone says the Earth is round, but there will always be those that will doubt it. If you prove something it means that it is a fact and is 100% true. But no matter how much evidence some can be presented with, it can always be doubted.

For instance - you can say the earth is round. But one would say the Universe itself is flat, we are moving forward in a paper thin, never ending space. Therefore, Earth is flat. You can't prove the universe is paper thin, can you?

Just my take on it

9. No contest.

10. this statement is a lie

11. Goddamn paradoxes....

12. I'm one of those doubters. Nay, not doubter, denier actually. I'm not even agnostic about it. I'm a full on, militaristic, skeptical aroundist.

As far as I'm concerned, the earth is spherical, and I can prove it!

:D

13. Well I can't prove anything to you, cuase I don't even know you exist. I can prove something to myself and if you exist I can show you how to prove something to yourself, but this is all just old elementary bullshit. I mean most 10 year olds can understand the concept of I think therefore I am and that thats as far as anything can go for certain. so why do you bother with these posts? If you want to challenge peoples ideas of the world with simple questions do it to people who haven't already figure the trick out.

14. Exactly... for all we know, everything we even perceive as reality could be a grand deception.... like The Matrix or something. We would have absolutely no way of knowing the difference.

15. Liked how you proved that. Was that the by-word-of-mouth-non-evasion method? How formal. :)

16. I'd say that as long as nobody can prove anything, the only thing that can be proven is that everything is unproveable.

If something is proven(proven doesn't look or seem like a real word to me anymore), then the "Unproveable" theory is unproven, but this can only poccur when something else is proven.

17. a circle is round.

[​IMG]

look i proved it! thats a circle and you can see that it is round :eek: did i just blow your mind pussy?

whats round you might ask? a circle... thats whats round.

18. i prove to you that i cant prove anything (besides this one proof).
    because the extent of my understanding is limited to my individual interpretation/perception of everything.
    there is no way to "double check" anything i believe is truth.

19. 0 = 0

1 = 1

1 != 0

0 != 1

0 < 1

1 > 0

20. Sorry brother, 2+2 still equals 5.