Security question.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by hellokitty42, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Ok so I got a few plants and I want to take some pictures of them. I definitely don't want to use a cell phone to take them though. Im incredibly worried about using technology (I have never brought an electronic device there). Basically could someone see the GPS location in anyway if I took a pic with an iPod Touch? It cant get G3 or G4 signals (supposedly). It has the identical operating system of an iPhone. So would I have to be connected to the internet for it to GPS the picture? Or does it have some type of internal GPS? Yeah I might seem paranoid but I prefer careful.

2. sounds like you been smokin my casey jones, are you paranoid?

3. [quote name='"canadakid1991"']Gooogle works wonders

Www.google.ca

^ theres the link[/quote]

Dont use google, just another way big brother can watch you. Use startpage, they dont record your ipd address or keep any search logs like google does.

4. [quote name='"hellokitty42"']Ok so I got a few plants and I want to take some pictures of them. I definitely don't want to use a cell phone to take them though. Im incredibly worried about using technology (I have never brought an electronic device there). Basically could someone see the GPS location in anyway if I took a pic with an iPod Touch? It cant get G3 or G4 signals (supposedly). It has the identical operating system of an iPhone. So would I have to be connected to the internet for it to GPS the picture? Or does it have some type of internal GPS? Yeah I might seem paranoid but I prefer careful.[/quote]

If you jailbreak your ipod, theirs a certain app from cydia, called protect my privacy, and you can change your gps location to whereever you want. So if someone gps tracks a photo, you could of taken it from madagascar as far as they knwo.

5. I find it funny how people worry about being watched ha ha. If they were really tapping your lines and monitoring your internet activity that closely you would have to be a multi millionaire drug cartel boss ha ha. So I wouldn't worry cause you don't sound like that type.

6. #7 5150, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    Valid question. I also heard of pics being tracked. Not sure if it is true but in rings a huge bell.

Not so much cops but rippers as well.

So can you track a pic from these smart phones? Or is it hogwash? Say you can GPS them how detialed is it? Like city or right down to my house?

7. #8 5150, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    Don't think he is worried about being watched. More so letting the world know where his grow site is?

Also people have been watched for being much less than a multi millionaire drug cartel boss. I see what you are saying though for sure. Paronoid no, But asking questions about putting your GPS location of your grow site is a valid smart question.

8. The government has issued me a warrant for them to read all my electronic info..............

9. [quote name='"hellokitty42"']

The government has issued me a warrant for them to read all my electronic info..............[/quote]

Then why are you posting on GC about your plants?

10. your best bet is to take the pics with an ipod....send them to your email.....and then post them from your computer...

but use a program called "PeerBlock"

it blocks out any unwanted transmissions. I always have it running on my computer