Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Secretive Stoners

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RenegadeReefer, Jul 4, 2012.

1. I'm just wondering if anyone on these forums are completely secretive about their smoking.. for whatever reason. I know most of you are open about your blazing, but for me it's different.

I never smoked weed in high school, and I dated this girl all through high school and neither of us liked or supported smoking (smoking anything for that matter, tabacco, weed, etc.) We broke up while I was in first year university which is where I discovered the awesome herb mary jane. We're back together now and are moving in together, but she is completely against smoking. Not just smoking pot, I have tried to educate her on marijuana but she is very stubborn. Also she is an elite athlete, so it is impossible for me to convince her to accept drugs and smoking. At least right now.

So I pretty much have to hide it from her. It makes me feel a little guilty, but I hide it from everyone, family, friends, etc. It's kind of a complicated situation and sometimes I wish I could openly smoke, but I'm not really in a position to do that.

Anyone else hide their smoking entirely, or just from certain people in their lives? I'm hoping when we are a little older (this is a longer term relationship, not just some girl) I can get her to relax a little when it comes to pot, but for now it's a no-go. And FYI, I would choose her over pot in a split second, I just wish I didn't have to choose so I smoke in secret on occasions where I get a chance because I love it. I have been blazing for close to 2 years now and am pretty seasoned, and I'm very knowledgable with the subject largely in part because of these forums and the great community.

I don't really feel guilty about the situation because it's completely personal, something I like to do in private to relax and enjoy the benefits of good smoke, it's not like i'm going out late at night leaving her to go blaze with friends and keeping it from her.

Kind of a weird situation and sorry for the long post... what do you guys think? Don't really need the trolling telling me to dump the girl or find one who smokes, if that's your advice after reading my thread then you are quite confused and need to move along :wave:

2. I hid it when I dated a girl. She hated it... Eventually she did it like a yr later.. And now is a pothead(broken up)

3. that must suck. i keep it pretty hidden excpet for some that do it themselves. i by no means shout it from the ruff tops cause most society doesn't accept it. So I just dont care enough and hide it. my wife knows and doesn't care that i do it even though she doesn't. so she doesn't care when i walk out tothe garage, lol

4. bring up the topic of vaporizing and how it is good for you.

5. I don't hide my smoking, but I'm just discreet about it. I'm still living with my parents for convenience and they know I smoke but don't condone it and they leave the choice to smoke to me. I just go for walks or just close some windows and smoke in the backyard.

6. I'm renting my own house so it's pretty easy for me to smoke. When she moves in I will be smoking more infrequently.

Vaporizing isn't "good" for you, it's just better than the combustion of the plant and the smoke from a bong/pipe/joint.

I have also mentioned edibles to her, and wasn't able to make any progress. Unfortunately she is stubborn when it comes to technically illegal drugs, and finds the concepts and effects of pot to be gross (obviously coming from inexperience and never having tried it, but how can she try it when she's stubborn, lol)

7. Yup, I pretty much keep it to myself. I was gonna write a big post here, but it all comes down to my job and home. Since weed is illegal here, I don't want to risk loosing my job and the roof over my head (apartment). That, and I don't really care if people know I smoke. I figure, unless I need a hookup or want to smoke with someone, what's the point of advertising myself as a stoner?

8. that sucks man, keep trying man cause the longer it goes on the worse it will be since their will be so many chances to mess up.

9. The only person who knows that I currently smoke now would be the person who sells me weed lol, and I don't see him very often because a quarter of dank will last me well over a month.

There are pros and cons to marijuana, regardless of how you ingest it. with that being sad, vaporizing is one of the healthiest alternatives. you avoid a lot of the carcinogens found in smoke. But that doesn't necessarily mean that vapor smoke is good for you lungs, it's just simply better than regular smoke. You can do some research on the benefits and cons of vaporizers, but anyone telling you that smoking pot is completely harmless or that vaporizing is 100% healthy is just naive. Personally it's been a while since I researched all the information on vaporizers and weed itself so I don't want to relay false or incomplete information to you.

10. Only about three people in my inner circle know I smoke.....government job

So I always feel crazy about blazing in public.....never been called out though,I wear prescriptions sun glasses all the time

11. My moms knows I blaze... My dad has caught me twice...haha

12. I kind of wish I had to be secretive about it. My entire life it just hasn't mattered. I've openly smoked since age 13. Even my job doesn't matter ;)

But it makes me smoke way too much. I can't remember the last time I went more than an hour without smoking.

It's july 4th i'm twisted. rambling.

13. I smoked in my house for 2 years with my family never finding out.
    it can be done, but trust me it was nerve wrecking, smoking was more of a procedure than just quick fun.

hiding smoking from your partner, BAD idea, very. if you must hide it, at least don't hide it from her, and she have to accept you for who you are, I hid it from a couple of girls before, never felt good about it at all.

do what you believe is right.

14. if this is a serious relationship...don't hide anything from her!
    either quit smoking or convince her..
    show her the movie like the union and tell her a lot of pro athletes smoke...michael phelps..lots of nba players...everyone.

but just know what is more important..

good luck

15. My parents don't know, my grandma thinks I've done it a couple times cause one time my older cousins and I went out and hotboxed their car and when I came home I went right to the fridge and she smelled it, told my aunt, but nothing happened after that. :smoking:
    My friends know...sorta. My close ones do, I don't go around saying I smoke weed. It's weird because I do really well in my classes and this one time on my break I went outside and smoked with some people and this really bad person in one of my classes (well she never really showed up) came over and was like 'Woah what the fuck you smoke? You have the highest mark in our class' I was like 'Yeah....' I was super baked I didn't even know what to say. Anyways she sat herself for about 4 mins before walking away I was like 'woah wat'
    My boyfriend knows I smoke, he doesn't smoke. He's super helpful though. When I get my bong and weed from my bag and smoke up and then when I'm done he'll hand me the things I need to put away and pack up my bong for me so I don't have to do it. :smoking:

16. Its only really a secret my parents...and the feds lol
    I dont really brag about if like some fags do, but if someone brings it up Ill talk about it

17. she knows i've smoked, just doesn't know i still do sometimes. i will give it up when we move in together, like i said i would choose her over pot in a second. i just hope to convince her in the future.

18. Can't say I'm really "secretive" about it, but nobody would know I was a stoner unless they've smoked with me. I have no problem telling people I smoke if the topic comes up, but I'm not really the type of person you'd look at or talk to and assume I smoke.

However, back when I was with my ex of almost 4 years I kept it pretty hush hush towards her. She knew I'd done it a few times, but didn't know I was chiefing on the daily.

I've made it quite clear to the girls I've dated since then that I smoke though. A relationship's gotta be built on trust. I'm not gonna hide what I do, and if she doesn't like it then she can get up and leave at any time. Plenty of other accepting fish in the sea.

19. The only people who know I smoke are close friends or people I smoke with. If it weren't illegal I would be very open about it because I love cannabis.