Secret Spots

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by wolftigerosebud, Nov 20, 2013.

1. All through my life I've known of places, usually in the woods or in the mountains, that feel like a secret place just for me when I go there.

I want to hear about other people's secret/favorite places in the world, so I made a thread.

One of my favorite places is a lake around the base of Mt. Jefferson. It's on the east side of the mountain, so when the sun rises you see the shadow of the mountain moving on the eastern slope of the valley the lake is in.

It's so far up that the water is basically glacier runoff... safe to drink right out of the stream. The lake is usually teeming with trout. It's real nice.

2. Damn that sounds dreamy I wish I knew places like that. :( Post a picture of the view if you have one.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. wish i had similar to this but the fucking city consumes me.

4. I've always found the same kind of places anywhere I've been. I'm not extremely well traveled either. I just love to find them.
    I know a couple small neat waterfalls that few people are aware of. Another place is this pond we could ice skate on that was like 100'x 300' so it was like a hockey rink. It was protected by the woods and always smooth. We'd hike up in there, drink/smoke and ice skate at night listening to music. Out there was a great sledding hill that had at least a 200' run with a 45 turn on the way. You'd total it in the trees if you couldn't make the turn lol!
    I know this huge tree that had about four main parts to the trunk which branched off near the ground. The trunks were fat and an awesome place to lie up off the ground.
    I miss the quiet and solitude that fills you, out in those places.

5. #5 B ran420, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
    My spots a tiny waterfall in the woods that are about a 20 min walk from my place. I feel like nobody has been in this specific spot because I have never found trash or anything that would say someone's been there but I could be wrong. Anyways Its supper peaceful and I love smoking there epically with some buddies.

Here's some of my favorite pictures I've taken there

Da spot
    [​IMG]

I see deer all the fucking time around here no matter what season
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Part of the woods
    [​IMG]

A couple of turtles I've gotten high haha
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. That awesome man. Wish I had a place like that near me^^^^^^^^

7. Fuck yo I got a sweet spot it's known well by the local kids so its not really secret but it's a cool little waterfall that used to bee a dam but collapsed but since I was about 8 my boys and I went to the Dayton waterfall and swam and chilled then when we got to freshman year we started blazin and drinking there Theres only one house near by an they don't care what we do there's a ton of trout and bass in there turtles and snakes and shit too I love spots like that man

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. i have a spot in a park. there is a paved trail for bicycles and walking and about 10 minutes in (on a bike), there is a small path going off trail. if you go that way you go behind a small patch of woods next to the trail. the view is great. its just off of a river and no one goes back there.