Secret room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by phil_the_geologist, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Thanks nomidzone, TWW already scooled me on the cups. I transplanted them early as the roots were showing out the bottom. I did read that when there were 3-5 sets of leaves it was time to top them or start bending them, I take it you wait longer, when do you suggest to start training?

2. thanks man! gave me some insight. really new to the terminology and watts, etc, people say growing is simple but it seems so complex hopefully I learn some stuff from you haha

3. Hope we both learn something! So far it has been pretty easy but its early and I have lots of time to really screw up. I think it is pretty easy to grow if you read up on it but takes experience and work to grow top notch buds with high yield.

That's just the way it seems to me but I have always had veggie gardens and there is a lot of cross over. I think the hard parts so far have come from the need to grow in secret. Time will tell.

4. So here is the test, going away for the weekend and have a house sitter for my dog. Going to cross my fingers and hope for the best... On another note these plants are growing very nicely, they will need water tomorrow but I don't think it will hurt them to wait an extra day. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Attached Files:

5. Got away clean lol. Topped the (2) large plants today, hope I didn't f#@& it up I'll try to get a shot of them today.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Looking good to me. 2 big ladies (I hope lol) are now topped. Might leave the 3rd just to see the difference. They are now 22 days old.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. looking good! like the set up

8. yeh looking good!

9. Following :) good luck!

10. #50 phil_the_geologist, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2015
    Thanks guys and gals, went into my room today and it stunk! Thankfully my filter is going strong. Can't smell a thing outside of the room and my stash hound is not trying to get down there so I think I'm good.

Did a little training today and gave them a good soaking. Seems like they want to be watered every 5 days. Last shot is my stash hound, always vigilant to try to eat anything I drop.

Any tips or to thoughts on my training/topping? The baby of the bunch is still in its normal state. I am not sure if I should top and train or just one of the options. Again feel free to chime in. Just a note they are all bag seeds so I don't know what to expect.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. How's the secret garden going Phil?

12. Broke a one of my plants today like an idiot. Bending it too fast. Broke a good 4" off the top. I have tried mending it with tape. We shall see. Let's just hope it is a dude I broke.

13. I wouldn't say an idiot, just a hard lesson learned. Wish I had enough experience to help ya out. Anyway to start it like a clone to help ensure it gets to harvest? Hopefully a seasoned blade will stop by with good advice.
    How are the rest looking?

• Like Like x 1
  14. So angry with myself for breaking that plant.

15. Should I break it off all the way and see if I can get it to root to see if it is a male or female? I was in a rush and broke it. Son of a bitch. I'm going to go smoke a big bowl so I can forgot how stupid I was.

16. I don't want to tell you yes or no. Just don't have enough experience to say either way. I'll look and see what I can find.

17. Thanks hobby. It was the small one that I broke. Too much of a rush as I was trying to get it in before my son came home from school (thus the reason for the secret room). Once he goes to bed I will post new pics. The other plants are getting pretty bushy. Thanks for helping talk me off a ledge!

18. Thanks Hobby, I will see how to get it to root, think the break is too bad to get it to reattach but maybe someone can say different. Thanks again

19. Everything I've read makes me think you can save it. Just make a splint or brace with a straw or toothpick and tape it.