Secret room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by phil_the_geologist, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Wrong button lol. Here are the other pictures.

Attached Files:

2. OK, here is my plan. I'm going to take some of my soil and soak it to make a soup. I will then water my plants with this soup to feed them.... Sound like a good plan to anyone else?

3. I use wormcastings, molasses, and an airpump.

Worst case scenario you let it sit undisturbed for a couple of days and it goes anaerobic, fucking up your plants and stinking up your house like rotten eggs.

If you use it immediately then you haven't given the nutrients or microbes time to multiply, rendering it useless (but harmless).

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1378799...

4. Thanks Thicken, its a jam that I put myself in.

5. Plants are looking very nice IMO but I'm a noob. Debating between transplanting Wednesday into their forever pots (I know the big pot will slow them down but if I have the time I think big roots early will help but once again I'm a noob) or keeping them in the small pots and feeding them Wednesday with a good liquid organic feed. Any opinions out there?

Attached Files:

6. No, don't transplant yet. I would give it another week & then transplant to bigger pots, then veg them another month or two, space depending & then flip them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks NoMidZone. I think I will feed them tomorrow then and let them wait a bit before transplanting. Should I top or FIM after the transplant or before? I have read to FIM them when they have 3 or 4 nodes and the 3 one was there yesterday. I kinda think I should train them on Sat and repot next Wednesday. Is that too close together?

8. Wow I suck... After watching a few videos on YouTube I have a much better idea about what topping is... I'm far from being ready for that. I did pick up some floranova grow for tomorrow's feeding. The plant on the left looks like it has some spots on the leaf in the picture. I will have to look up what that might be.

Attached Files:

9. Something is wrong with one plant. Fed them today with floranova grow and hopefully that solves it. I think the issue is calcium...

Attached Files:

10. So I checked the the pots today and could see roots in 2 our of the 3 pots so I transplanted them all. Kinda butchered it IMO. The square pots had too much structure in the bottom and it really held on. Next time solo cups or maybe those paper pots that are the same size. Hopefully these ladies will get use to their new homes soon and I can train them on Wednesday.

Attached Files:

11. They don't look too bad. The leaves on one plant are kinda puckery so maybe I gave it too much water yesterday? I will have to dig into what may have happened. If anybody wants to suggest what may be the case I would love to hear it.

12. #32 phil_the_geologist, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
    Forgot the picture, its the plant on the left side of the picture. You can also see my big plant kinda did some LST on its own.

Attached Files:

13. For real this time, here's the picture.

Attached Files:

14. When I went to check on the plants this morning all was well but I could start to smell the plants I think. They really seem to like their new homes.

Attached Files:

15. looks really nice inside good luck hope you harvest a bunch of herbs

16. I love the room dude.
    Nice little hideout.
    Plant's are coming on nicely too. Good luck with the grow

17. Thanks Bluhnt and king cone. I will start training them tonight or tomorrow and hope for the best!

18. transplant= move plants from cup or area you had them bloom in to their next container until they get too big for that one then you transplant to their final one? And also are the costs to grow these plants light and energy usage wise very significant? -bluhnt

19. Bro, you start off in solo cups, then to bigger pots after 3 weeks or so. You always want to start off in smaller containers (solo cups are perfect for seedlings/clones)

No man, they're too young for you to "train" them. They're still in the seedling stage. LEAVE THEM ALONE, LET THEM GROW!!

This is where 100% of new growers fuck up. They want to do all this shit so young, and they're just not ready for it/don't need it. They're plants, they will grow......just feed them 1/4 strength GROW nutrients at 6.3 pH (ALL THE WAY THROUGH YOUR GROW, THE PH SHOULD BE AT 6.3, no ifs/&'s/buts)

I've never used anything from GH, except their "Rapid Start" and i'm glad I didn't buy it, because I would of been pissed if I did. Some people use their line, and have fantastic results doing so.

Growing isn't a hard thing to do, remember: They are plants, with a little water & light they will grow just fine. Just don't fuck with them all the time, I generally check mine 1 time per 24-36 hours.

• Like Like x 2
  20. 1- transplant is moving from on pot to another, i did it early because I used too small of a pot.

2- (watts used grow x hours per month that they run) /1000x price per kw hour= cost.

Eg 400 watt light plus fans will use about 600 watts ( you can look up actual numbers for your set up) so 600 x 18 hrs a day times 30 days = 324000 watts per month. Divide that number by 1000 = 324 kilowatts. Price per kWh is $0.125 x 324= $40.50 per 30 days. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 6