Secret order lets U.S. raid al Qaeda around the world

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deutschbag, Nov 10, 2008.

1. It's pretty long.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/11/10/america/10military.php?page=1

2. Doesn't surprise me. Been seeing lots of news stories about suspected American missile strikes in various countries that our military doesn't confirm or deny... We're also imperialistic and don't have much respect for other nation's sovereignty, and we're fighting stateless enemies. I'm guessing that the only countries the U.S. fears to tread in too noisily are Russia and China. Maybe Iran since they can inflict serious consequences in Iraq.

3. Fuck em they should all be dead no matter where they are in the world. If the country is harboring terrorists and won't do anything about it, we should go fuck them up. Don't say this "oh what would happen if some country attacked us for terrorists" If we were harboring terrorists that killed over 3000 citizens of their country I would hope to god we would do something about it to help them. These are nasty fuckers who if you were captured by them you would be tortured and beheaded. It doesn't matter anymore about how Al-Qaeda happened in the first place because this is what happening now and we need to take care of it. I commend Obama on the fact that he would go in to Pakistan if the Pakistani government did nothing about it. All these bastards should be dead.

not directed at post above just in general.

4. I agree that Al Qaeda needs to be taken care of. However, if we go about it in too obtrusive a manner, we'll end up fueling terrorism more than setting it back. See, when we drop a bomb on a village and kill say ten terrorist grunts and a mid-level lieutenant, we've dealt a blow to terrorism. But when that same bomb also kills several women and children, because the terrorist hide out was next to a school, every man in all the families of those women and children becomes a potential terrorist, because in a feudal society they have an obligation to avenge their blood. And it makes sense. If I was a Middle Easterner with next to no contact with the outside world and one day the U.S. dropped a bomb that killed my sister or my mother or any other family member, I'd be picking up a gun and looking for the nearest U.S. soldiers madrassas.

5. That's what happens when your enemy does not play by the rules. I hope they kill every last one of those fuckers! And fuck the NY times liberal medea fucks, no one needs to know what goes on in the real world of clandastine ops except the people at the top and the special forces doing the job. As long as it keeps America safe, I don't care.