Secret Jardin DS60 tent set up, please help!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Kerbs, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Hmmm. Yea that makes sense cuz heat rises, so pulling it out through the bottom wouldn't be as effective as through the top. Could u think is any way i could suck the hot air out throug the top hole? It's so confusing

2. Ya it's a pain in the ass. I don't think u will be able to use that one fan to do both. Just have that fan exhaust ur smell and hot air out the top port. U could try opening that flap on the side with a regular house fan blowing towards it. Just mess around with it and u will work ur bugs out.

3. I'm just assuming that you have room to play with, and don't forget, HEAT RISES, so the easiest way to get the hot air out is... from the top. So the easiest solution if your still using the 150hps, would be to mount your filter horizontal in the top of the tent and use a 90 duct elbow to turn it straight up through your port on top and mount your fan outside your tent with the fan blowing upwards. Use your flap as a passive intake

That'll also help to maximize your tent space inside.

Take your 150hps and remote mount your ballast

And if it still is too warm for them little bitches, take your lower 6" port and some 4" flex duct tubing and run it from the side up to your light so all the cold air coming in rushes over the light to help to cool it. Just tape off your flap so it stays shut if you must do this.

4. Thanks man that really helps, u guys are awesome. But why would I need a 90 elbow? I swear ducting is completely bendable. By the way if I set up the filter and fan like that, does that mean the air would be originally pulled through the carbon filter and then into the ducts and then pushed outside the tent by the other side of the inline fan? And I don't really understand the last part of what u said aha, where would I be getting cold air from to aim at the light?

5. One quick question do you also mount the ballast inside the grow tent?
    That sucker can heat it up fast.

6. The 150w hps I'm getting has a built in ballast,

7. So does mine. I have the sun system 150 w hps.

8. You can use flexible ducting for the filter to fan connection, i just like the 90 duct elbows that you can swivel in several places to go anywhere from straight to 90 because they are sturdier, it gives you something better to screw to/ hang from... and I'm just saying if you run flex duct from your bottom left port, run it from there inside the tent with the end near your light and use it as a passive intake all the air coming in your tent will have to take that path, so hot air up and out and cool air in past your light to assist in heat issues. Also a 90 elbow can be had from a hardware. Store for just a few dollars. If you hang your filter with the straps and have an elbow pointing up out your top vent, you should be able to just set your fan onto the elbow outside your tent.

9. Most all 150s have built in ballasts. You just have to UN-build it out. Just takes some wires to extended the ballast out of the tent which will eliminate some of the heat. Theres a write up somewhere in the city, on how to remote mount a ballast.

10. Ahhh I see what you mean Said the blindman

11. [quote name='"whitey1488"']Sounds like a plan. U don't need to use ur filler right away wait till there's a smell. It depends on what strain ur going with. Set it up with out ur filter connected and let it run and see what ur temps are.[/quote]

I always set my stuff up with the filter for initial test runs, the added drag caused by the filter can dramatically reduce airflow, so better to find out it'll be too warm with a filter than to need it cause it starts to smell, and have a 100 degree day cause you don't have enough fan.

12. [quote name='"mosesnumb"']

I always set my stuff up with the filter for initial test runs, the added drag caused by the filter can dramatically reduce airflow, so better to find out it'll be too warm with a filter than to need it cause it starts to smell, and have a 100 degree day cause you don't have enough fan.[/quote]

That's a good idea running it with the filter at first. I have no idea how I'm hooking my filter up yet. I have my ducting tapped too my vent above my hps to exhaust the heat. My other fan is on low outside the tent exhausting air out the bottom port. I have a little computer in the other corner blowing cold air in plus I have two flaps open for air intake.

13. That sounds like a great idea man, but now u have me kinda confused on the elbow thing haha. Is it something to put inside my tent or outside?

14. But seriously thank u all soooo much, such a great help. This site is the reason my other grows we're successful and now that I have a way better setup, it's going to continue being successful thanks to grasscity! :)

15. Put the elbow through the top port so it points left in the tent and straight up out the top (if your filter will fit horizontally)

Kushington, no prob man, gotta step up and help your fellow blades.