Secret Jardin DR60 Setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by KushTokur, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Hey guys I had an old account on here but I forgot the username so I had to make a new one I am gonna be buying my whole setup in a week or so and need to finish my shopping list.

So far I am having trouble finding a kooltube that will fit with ducting inside this tent the tent is only 2x2 so space is minimal if anyone knows of any air cooled hood that will fit please let me know. Another issue I'm having is deciding on wattage a 250w is recommended for this tent but I'm thinking of getting a lumatek 400w dimmable I don't think it will be hard to cool a 400 if I have the air cooled hood right?

For bulbs I was thinking of using the eye hortilux metal halide and their super hps bulb both 400w.

For the fan I will use a 4" vortex 172cfm hooked up to a PROfilter 45 carbon filter.

What do you guys think? This is just for a small closet grow in my apartment if anyone has any suggestions or ideas let me know please!

Thanks

2. I had an absolute nightmare locating an air cooled hood for my dr60. It makes me mad thinking about it.

I opted for an aircooled hood over a cooltube.

Here are some options: Yield master 4 classic, super sun 4", hydrofarm 250/400 dimmable, xtrasun 4", lumesun 4".
    Many of the following brands I've listed also carry 6" reflectors that will fit in the DR60. These reflectors come with BUILT in air cooled options, where as the 4" ones need a flange kit in order to add an air cooling option.

One more thing I would suggest since it looks like we have a very similar setup in similar cirumstances is a quieter fan. I also live in an apartment and my 170~ cfm inline fan drives me fuking nuts. I'm waiting on a TD silent 100s fan, it's twice as quiet.

GL

3. Thanks for the reply! I also am looking for as quiet of a fan as possible since I will be sleeping beside the closet this will be in I will search around to find a quieter one but what minimum cfm would you recommend for that carbon filter and running through an air cooled hood?

Thanks

4. I must have recommended this fan at least 20 times in the past two days lmao.

TD silent 100s (120-200 cfm, it'll be enough). They should sponsor me :D
    Or a panasonic whisperline if size isn't an issue.

5. Just bought and setup the same tent. I have (2) 240w Blackstar LEDs in there with a 170cfm on a fan controller(50%).

6. How funny! I have one on order right now from amazon;

im going to use a aircooled lumatek 400 w dimmable, still trying to decide on the carbon filter brand to go with though

thoughts? what kind of yield you hoping for?