"Secret" Growing Arrangment PICS

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dyeboy5u, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Well I tried growing some white widow outside and they were all demolished by insects and lack of sunlight. So I decided to create this little baby upstairs. It's not much but my parents don't go up there and it looks legite to me. I'm just looking for suggestions and some pointers if anyone has experience with lowryder. My friend is going to order some online in a few days and I don't know what to expect. well here are the pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No seeds yet but I'm also working on getting some CO2

2. i like but u kno what watt that light is? and ur gunna have to put the plant outside sooner or later cuz thasts not big enuff

3. well iM growing lowryder and it doesnt get any taller than 12-16 in. depending on pot size

4. Is that an incandescent spotlight???:confused:

5. its gonna heat up in there soooo fast lol.
    plus you acually need ventilation. A fan blowing inside a box is not ventilation it needs a way to exchange air and most likely stink the house up later. I dont get kids these days growing pot in their parents house lol.

6. I agrre with above your going to need some serious ventalation in that baby.

7. im shure a 360 (aka heater) pumping heat out isnt gonna help keep the temps down.

8. I was gonna judge you but said fuck it but I will judge your operations that little cabinet is too small a 3 gallon growbag will take up all the space :laughing: no headroom at all. Your best bet is too use that as a cloner/seed starter chamber get sumthing from Nirvana,I plan on getting Northern LightsxBigBud and Ice getting them from Gypsy so Im gonna ask for Papaya or Afghan as my freebie.

So what im basically saying is your better off growing outside cause that piece of shit you call a cab is not worth it(no offense) plus you have no carbon filtration. So start those seedlings inside, find a few products that will help ward off bugs(heard neem oil works great) and get to growing bud

9. I've chosen to go for a micro grow and there are lots of good posts with information on how you can do this. Certainly you'll need to re-think the light and air issues. There's no way that light is going to be good enough and without air exchange you'll have problems. Think carefully about fire hazards as well!

As to Lowryder, I've never grown it so can't give you an expert's opinion, however I've taken the advice of 'experts' and was convinced by them that there's no need to use Lowryder. Just choose a good strain (I went for Magic Bud by Paradise Seeds) and look at keeping it small by pruning. Also have a look at the sticky on LST (low stress training) this is an excellent method and one I'm trying at present.

So, follow your instincts but listen to good advice.

10. is that a flood light bulb? all that will do is heat that shit up really hot

get a CFL light (compact flouroescent) from wlamart and anotyher clamp light cut holes in the side add some computer fans with some carbon filters

And your rents WILL FIND IT if they have 2 brain cells left to there name they will find it

now if your rents now you smoke maybe but still your no where near ready to grow what I woudl try is maybe a outside grow agian

11. lol @ some of these responses..and they say YOUR the kid but based on some of those responses..smh

I really dont care if ou grow in your parents house or not, thats your choice. U asked for my input on the grow box, so thats what I'll give you.

but they're right. you need some serious ventilation, maybe if you cut 2 holes in the back, one for intake, one for exhaust, and leave your window open so fresh air comes in from outside, and move it away from that vent thas in the right corner so the smell doesnt go around the house.

I see you have a dog, so if you get some of that air freshner that covers pet stain smells it should hide the smell for a couple days, just keep using it and that will cover the weed smell.

as far as the light, it wont work too well, incandescents heat up really fast, and they cause a lot of stretching..not only that but they generally dont have the right spectrums needed for growing. Just get 4 or 5 CFL's get half of them in Soft white/cool white and the other half warm white bulbs and put them in there together so you will have the right spectrum for growing, and hang them from the top somehow so you can encourage the plants to grow upward, instead of sideways.

what medium are you growing in? what ferts are U using? what type of testing equipment do you have? is that foil on the side?

12. Well i left the light on today while i was at school and nothing happened, it wasn't even that hot. It was about 75 deg. which I think is about right. I didn't have the light hanging from the top because it would fall off. I was originally thinking about growing it in there the whole time, but I guess I'll take some of your advice and just use it to start out...but the only problem I have with that is it might shock the plants too much when I move them outside and cause them to die. However, some of your suggestions were a good wakeup call, so I'll rethink my ventalation and lighting...btw I don't have a car so going to Wally World isn't going to work out, and asking my rents to buy a specific kind of light might be a little obvious. I guess I could just try to grow outside again.. Thanks for your input and if you have anymore suggestions or judgments, feel free.

Oh and Spittn4cash, I have no idea what you just asked me lol. I think this is why I posted this in the absolute begginer section.

13. That light will not grow marijuana sir...

14. what medium are you growing in? (Im asking are U growing in soil? soil-less peat moss? hydro system?? U gotta have a game plan ya know?)

what ferts are U using? (Im asking what type of fertilizers are you gonna be using on your plants? U need N during vegetative growth, and more P & K during flowering...it should tell U the N-P-K values on the fertilizer label. U need fertilizers to replace what the plant uses in the soil, once the nutrients in the soil are all used up the plant will grow slower until you add some ferts.)

what type of testing equipment do you have? (Do you have a soil meter? a pH tester? thermometer? hygrometer? Thats just the basics of what you will need to have a really successful grow)

is that foil on the side? (Aluminum foil lined on the sides of the wall? Aluminum foil & mirrors create hot spots in the light, and that will burn spots or even cause heat stress on the plants..which could mean disaster or a slow, stunted grow. If that is foil, you need to replace that with mylar or paint the inside of the box all white so the light is evenly reflected..)

as far as the light bulbs, you need those in order to grow, thats definitely not a step you can skip, if U have to trade in the xbox and get a friend to get U to walmart to get the bulbs, do so! bcuz that that you have light doesnt put out the right light spectrum for growing...and if U leave that light on 24/7 it most definitely will get hotter and hotter the longer it is on.

and you wont shock the plants, its actually recommended by most outdoor growers to start the plant indoors until its mature enough to be moved outside, just be careful with the transplant and try not to let the roots see the light too long...

15. Hey man just get a cardboard box atleast 2'tall pref. not that wide and some cfls(spiral lights) and some potting soil youll be fine man