Secret Door to a huge space!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by aw4twenty, Nov 6, 2010.

1. So I decided I wanted to grow some herbal medicine a few months ago... but wanted to hide it away from friends, family, and who ever else decided to stop by, I had a basement that was sectioned off into two halves with a door separating the two. I turned that door into a closet. Check it out

Attached Files:

2. WTF this is your first post!!!!!! its official.. you rule

awesome job man.. seriously... not only is a wall.. its a brick wall... man... and it looks cool

how do you open the door?

3. lol keep the door opening a secret haha.

thats an insane setup.

but dont get to crazy with it mang.

thats a sweet little hangout aswell.

you could rent that room out haha

4. i want it to be like a batman kinda door... play the piano and shit.... but alas its low tech... but still seriously cool

its just a gate lock.. at it appears to have some string or something attached to it... but i cant see where it goes... and the guy is so not keeping up with his super huge hit you in the face thread...

how bout some more pics man!!!!!!

5. that is so Badass. [​IMG]

6. THanks guys!!! actually I do plan on batmanning it up a little... Im going to add a keyless remote system with a electric solenoid soon... so it'll be activated with one of those key pads like you see outside of a garage door stay tuned!

In the mean time it basically works with a spring loaded system when you pull on a wire (with a hex nut for a pull handle) situated behind the light bulb in the "closet". It's right next to my washer and dryer so you'd never even think the closet was out of place :)

Here's some more pictures...

Attached Files:

7. few more... by the way, if you guys know anything about my recent plant problems please let me know, I started that thread a few minutes ago.

Attached Files:

8. ok... thats alot cooler than i thought it would be... very thought out... i like the keypad idea...a key fob for a car would be cooler... or a book you tilt...

whatever..your still epic

ok now that i saw the second set of pictures... its even cooler... seriously way to throw stuff together and make it so awesome!!!!!

9. hahahaha... thanks!

10. That room access is the most secret place. i am impressed by your setup.:cool:

11. Seriously cool...

-Loki

12. Haha damn that is awsome. Wish I had me one of those.

13. dude, that is awesome! I want to do this now. Great, now I need to learn how to drywall and hang doors because this totally rules! +rep

14. Thats a great first post!

A friend has large house, sweeping staircase. Halfway up the staircase there is a small mirror. Push it, it flips open and leads to a games room, complete with arcade games and a full size snooker table. Pity he doesnt smoke! :0)

15. Now that is what I call a "Narnia" closet. Nice.

16. thats awesome:hello:, Im jealous:p

17. +rep very nice

18. This. That would be crazy

19. Epic...I want something like this... +rep

20. ok i envy you completely, that idea is perfect, i love the pulling nut on the light to unlock it, my only Q is when its locked, and u tap the door does it shake? like if someone bumped it coudl they tell somethign was back there?