secret and legit?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wanderingtoker, Jul 9, 2010.

1. so im going to be starting a little outdoor grow in a 1' x 4' x 1' deep grow tray with some veggies and other plants, my ? is to an untrained eye will my roomates (older women 40-50's) notice the bud plants among the other herbs n stuff? will it affect their growth at all? should i take any extra precautions? any advice? :)

2. Well maybe not in the beginning but I think it be sort of obvious when its flowering. I am not sure about outdoors but I know that indoors, during flowering, it produces lots of stinky smell so I would plan for the worst and say it WILL smell. What if they are like

Roommates: "Hey wanderingtoker I don't remember planting these"
    You:"Umm yeah they are flowers"
    Roommates: "what type? I have never seen these before"
    You: "UHHHHHH"

Fail. I am sure if they garden normally they would realize. Just my 2 cents tho :D

3. hmmm good point, if i had big enough plants ( bush like plants) next to them or covering them would that hide them? or would it steal their sun? its my only option currently to grow

4. Well your from CA so why don't you look into guerilla growing which will probably be more successful then trying to keep it hidden from someone who sees it daily.

5. i do currently have a few purple haze plants in a forest in a near by city but i want something closer by, and being smack dap in the middle of san diego makes it hard to have a guerilla grow closer by, damn modern society and taking down our open land!!! lol

6. Yes they most likely will notice. Four square feet is not exactly a lot of space to hide something in. Just one MJ plant should need at least a quarter of that space... :cool:

Don't try to grow behind someone's back who lives in the same place as the grow. They will find out, and you could get them in trouble in addition to yourself. You need your own, secure place to grow.

7. Just tell them its the "Tree of Life" Thats what my grandparents used to call it. Then soak it in rubbing alcahol with some lavender and rosemary, and give them some medicine to rub into their joints :)

Wait, 40-50? They're going to know what it is.

8. It would be noticed like a Dick in a bucket full of Pussies.

9. Any chance they'd be cool with it? You're not gonna be able to hide something like that in a 1'X4' area.

If they're hung up on the legality of it, do you possibly have any qualifying conditions to get a medical marijuana recommendation?

If they're just closed-minded (weed's bad for you blah blah blah) I don't think I'd chance it 'till I had different roommates.

Good Luck! :smoke:

10. oh i already have my rec, and they MIGHT, i repeat might be cool with it after a very long discussion about it, i pay rent, they pay utilities, and keep my mom off my back ( she hates my friends and if i lived with any of them she'd probably disown me) they're really nice golden girls -like women but i think they would tear up my plant...which is why im trying to hide it among other plants, but maybe a talk would be better

11. If nothing else, just wait till November when it comes legal for all CA residents.

12. ^ even if it did it wouldnt come into effect till jan of next year

13. It was a little bit of a joke. But actually the fact that its on the ballot does give you some opening to talk to your roomates about growing it, and maybe informing them on facts about MJ instead of myths if they are against it. You may even convince two people to vote the right way :)