Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Secondary security screening selection(airport) - detect weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by temp3236, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Hey. I arrived to the US yesterday, but I have a problem. I was selected for extra screening randomly, and they used scanning machines like Multi-Mode-Threat-Detection. Now, the problem is, I think this screening will be done again when I go back. If I smoke during the trip, will the machines detect them and get me in trouble?

2. If you're smoking on the trip and not bringing anything back then no, I doubt they would drug test you. As long as you aren't bringing anything back (well there's paraphenelia laws in some states) so I would check both where you're leaving from and where you are going to for the laws regarding. But they would have to be clean and unused so I wouldn't risk it.

3. Sheep Americans haven't consented to being drug tested by TSA, but they probably soon will as they already like having scum stick their hands down their pants for "security". 

4. Thanks for the reply. I've never smoked before, so this would be my first and last. That's why I want to do it, but the risk is still bothering me. So, you don't think I'll be in trouble just for having weed residue on my clothes or something?

5. You'll be right op, I brought a pound (vacuum sealed) from nz to Australia back in 2006, scary as fuck but I got away with it.

-billygone

6. You'll be fine

7. They aren't looking for weed residue believe me. The most they could really do is see handprints and blood stains over you I would think (so don't go killing anybody and if you dare careful of the blood getting on your clothes ;))
    No seriously if you're just smoking there and you don't go through the airport obviously blazed you'll be fine.

8. In my own personal opinion the above statement to be pretty accurate. Im sure you will see other threads about weed and airports. Word to the wise do like I do and consider weed and airports mortal enemies. Do not take any weed to an airport. I have heard that some places will accomadate you if you have a medical card valid in both locations with plenty of prep and handholding with airport security. Play it safe. Clean and wash thuroughly any and all pipes and bongs if they MUST travel and do not bring even a small amount of weed with you. If a dog smells it you will be detained.

9. #9 aPersonUponaHill, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013

No sorry we have money, no one touches you. All we do is walk into a machine and then hold, then on your way. You all just like to cry, and you non-Americans need to learn a thing. You are as bad as those you fail so horribly at offending.

Most "touched" I got was when one the TSA agents did a super quick check through my jeans of my left ankle for a weapon. Literally touched it for a half second or second, and yea that was it. Super sexual and hot airport touching, I tell you what.

Grow up, 85% of you I wouldnt touch on a daily basis if I was paid 250k yearly. They feel the same.

10. Lol I'm American brah, and I think the rest of you are incredibly stupid.

11. i'll take the tsa doing its thing in exchange for security, actually. i'd rather not be blown up in a plane and i don't give a shit if they search me since i'm not dumb enough to take anything illegal.

Nah dude, secondary hand swabbing is to check for explosives and bomb residues and shit, NOT drugs. I had that worry too, flying the day after I smoked up the night before (maybe 8 hours prior lol). I freaked out when he swabbed my hands but calmed down when he swabbed my shoes too. The computer he went to was pretty close by and I looked at the screen. Explosives is what he was looking for. TSA's job is primarily to keep weapons and bombs off the plane, I think we're a long ways away from checking people's hands for resin before boarding.