Second Times The Charm-Silver LA DWC Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KRUNK, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Amazing detail in the journal. .love it!!Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Dude that's some crazy undergrowth you have there. I've never seen anything like that haha. Do you have a pic of the top of the plant? Typically the bottom of the plant takes longer to develop than the top.Very detailed. Wow

3. Thanks for checking it out. Not sure how I'm going to dry and cure that part of the plant. Any ideas? The buds go all the way to the base of the stem. Any other advice u guys can give is appreciated, thanks😁Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Wish there was software to track my grow progress. Right now I use OneNote and I just copy and pasted my journal from there to here. Cutting her down this wkend, even tho I don't see a lot of amber trichs but its been about 11wks in flower, not counting the flip wk and its an 8-9wk strain, I believe, so it should be done, plus all the fan leaves are dying/dead super yellow so I think she's ready. Will post a pic of the top when I get to a private pcSent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Chop down my single Silver LA place t today. Filled 2 cardboard boxes with goodness. I don't have a separate room to place the boxes in so o have them in my room with a blanket on it for darkness. Paranoia- you asked for pics of the top, the 2 pics in the middle are right before I cut. The last pics are of the next Op in progress. Let me know what you think. Any guesstimates on dry weight?🙌 yay! My first completed grow, well almost complete, last step: dry and cure.Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

6. Any1 have any comments or thots? Input and the like?Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. So what did your dry weight turn out to be?

8. Nice! If I can harvest even half that from a single plant I'll be happy.  :smoke:

9. Good luck! I didn't think I would get 3.5oz from this 1 plant, but it all worked out in the end. Going to do 2 plants next time and compare yields. Hopefully it actually doubles, since I've doubled the amount of plants, but I know that's not always the case, so if I can get 4-5oz off 2 plants in that same space as my first I will be happy, of course if I were to get an ounce short of half a pound I certainly wouldn't complain. :)

I'm still a newb tryna get my technique down. Having issues germinating for this next grow, but I know once I get started I'll be prepared, or at least prepared to be prepared.

10. Jamocha how do you like that light setup you have I've been thinking about ordering the same one in 600 watt with an air cooled hood.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Thanks for stopping by. I like the light well. I could only do half power, 200w, last grow and I was able to get a decent yield from that. I had issues with heat, but more bcuz of my tent size and vent options. If ur gonna go for the 600w makes sure u have good ventilation and u should be able to grow some monsters. I've heard 600w can produce some big ladies, under the right conditions with the right skill. Hope that helps

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1275593-Second-Time's-The-Charm-Silver-LA-DWC-Grow

12. Yea thanks that definitely helps heat isn't an issue for me as I grow in my extra bathroom shower. And there is an ac vent right above the shower so it would stay pretty cool probably 80 at the highest

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app