Second time i dropped an earring in the shower

Discussion in 'General' started by Pot Toker, Jan 4, 2012.

1. I had some really cool black and blue glass spiral gauges a while ago, one of which I dropped in the shower and broke. Finally, after a few months, I got a new pair or the same gauges in a different color last weekend. I've been excited about them all week. I was at the gym today showering when I told myself in my head to be careful and not to drop them. So what happens when I'm drying my hair with the towel? I forget and one of them goes flying towards the floor and breaks. Now I have two glass gauges of the same style but with different color schemes (clear and green doesn't go with black and blue). I want to get another pair of these, but Ive already bought them twice and paying for them a third time seems silly. Maybe ill buy a buy a similar style in a bigger size and stretch my ears again...

Nothing ruins a good workout like dropping your earring in the public shower. :/

2. I dont have earrings so i cant really relate, but destroying any prized possession is never good times. Why dont you just take them off before showering:confused: Is it convenience? or do you just forget?

3. dude just wear two diff ones of the same style

that would look badass

youll get mad bitches

4. Usually I dont even think about it until I get in the shower and touch them...it is a pain in the ass to take them out, though, because then I feel the need to clean them with soap (I do anyway, but it's not necessary twice a day every day). Also, if I dry off they can be really difficult to get back in. As I'm sure you can imagine, trying to push a piece of glass through a hole exactly the same size in your earlobe without any lubrication can be pretty painful. It's a similar sensation to a rug burn, or sliding across a gymnasium floor on your knees.

I guess it's my fault for letting it happen but it sucks anyway lol.