second time growing

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by booyookashooka, Sep 10, 2011.

1. so this is my second grow ever, im growing 2 medical feminized seeds, 1 is tnt kush and the other was called "veneno" but i changed it to el nino.
    im just growing in my attic, i have a 150 watt hps for just the two plants, this is on 24-0, i am using mg :/ its all i can afford really. and i have a fan on them almost 24-7, my plants are 2 weeks old, well theyre 2 weeks 3 days but 2 weeks is my latest pic, so what do ya think?
    i also started them under floros, i just switched to hps 4 days ago...

Attached Files:

2. i will continuously post pics and comments throughout my grow experience, any feedback is appreciated :]

3. There looking good man! Check out my grow it's in my signature.

4. Lookin good. I tried mg organic and it just ruined my plants ... I am amazed yours are looking so good. I ended up making my own "soil" mix using sphagnum peat moss, hydrated lime, and vermiculite .... so far so good. Looking forward to see how your grow progresses! :smoke:

5. damn that sucks about the mg, but thank you! im so proud of my babies :] but when i switch them to flowering im gonna make a mixture of topsoil, a perlite mixture, and just rocks down at the bottom, after being sterilized of course. and im still deciding on nutes.. thank you for the feedback!! its much appreciated, ill be posting pics fairly often to keep updates well.. up to date lol

6. also, im just using bottled water... anything bad about doing that? lol

7. When it comes to nutes for flowering consider using black strap molasses, I prefer organic, it seems to work quite well.

8. mk, ill look into that, thank you

9. Using bottled water is a good choice, so is reverse osmosis water. Much better choice than using tap water. Some folks also use rain water ... I would do that but we don't get enough rain around here to make it worth it collecting.

10. Yeah man you need to get off that mg I did the same thing but just replanted to fox farms ocean forest with some perilite and since then my plants have JUMPED up its crazy and its not exspensive at all atleast the soil isn't

11. yea, ill just stick with bottled, but yea i just dont wanna risk the rain water with all the shit were putting in our environment these days, u kno

12. ive been using MG as well and a few things ive learned are.... water as little as possible, dont add any kind of nutes or they'll burn the fuck up fast, i added fox farm at 1/4 strength and the next day fan leaves looked like they were caught on fire, and dont ever flush, if you flush MG it releases more nutes... ive followed these steps my last few grows and had pretty good results

13. yes, i dont plan on adding any nutes considering the soil is pre- nuted, but yes i only water when i can stick my finger most of an inch in the soil and have it be dry, and i know i dont over water, but thank you!!!

14. Good point booyoo .... I have also used carbonated water for the CO2. I just use a mister and spray on the leaves. Hard to tell if that does much tho!

15. i was thinking the same thing the other day, only i was gonna just buy a bunch of tonic water and pour it in a bowl and just let sit behind my fan which blows directly on plants, dunno how much of a dif it would make tho.. so i just go up and breath on them several times a day lol

16. hey, so these were all taken yesturday but the first one (taken two days ago) yes i topped both of my plants, i kno they were quite young, but the new tops had already appeared 2 hours later! so hopefully another two weeks of veg and then i can switch to flower, the one that i have of the single upclose is the el nino, its also larger and much darker. the other would be the tnt kush, very excited :hello:

Attached Files:

17. people say you dont want your grow room to get too hot, and they say that like 85 is too hot... it gets to be 98 where i live during the summer... and my grow room is prolly 91 degrees... its highly improbably of my chances of reducing the temp in there so do you think this is ok?.....

18. also as it gets later in the year the outdoor temp will go down so my problem will be solved but yea

19. Weed can grow in up to 96 degrees I believe. The major problem with higher temps is that the plant requires more C02 to thrive. So, supplement C02 and you won't have any issues. Do that idea with the carbonated water in the bowl and visit your plants more and you should be fine.