Second time around, and its all inside

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MJsGirl, Dec 11, 2013.

This is my second grow, inside this time. My first grow, 12 plants,  I started inside then transplanted 'em outside. This time I only planted 3 female seeds because I live in a small apartment. Not to mention the town police department is.right.out.side.my.back.door. Anyway, space is tight. They germinated and I've already planted 'em. While I was waiting, I mixed and started the organic soil to start cooking. I still work at a mushroom farm, I got a few things free, like the Canadian Sphagnum Peat moss and lime. :smoke:

View attachment 130079
    View attachment 130080
    View attachment 130081
    <div> View attachment 130083
    View attachment 130087
    View attachment 130088
    View attachment 130086

</div> 

2. Looks good be carful with that 5.0 being close Im sure they will never suspect anything that close though

3. Thanks! I keep a very low profile here in town. I am a bit worried when I start constructing my grow cabinet that I get the required ventilation hooked up right. I've been reading up and checking everyone else"s. But I still have a few months to go before any of that happens. :smoke:

4. ya that will be the challenge vent into a crawl space or atic or just get some active carbon make a filter and vent into your apartment if possible I live in a field in the mountians so ive never woried about smell and venting

5. You have it made!!

I just checked out a few of your pictures from a few months ago but I can't find the topic, your grow journal...

6. [quote name="MJsGirl" post="19140154" timestamp="1386727715"]You have it made!!I just checked out a few of your pictures from a few months ago but I can't find the topic, your grow journal...[/quote]Ya besides the weather makes everything harder in the winter but Ya those are my recent maybe 5 days old pics and thats my first grow im about two weeks out from harvest right now I had a journal but lost it when I stopped posting to it oops but what I have up now is just in absolute beginner im sure I could dig and find my journal when they where all in my vedge shed

7. #8 MJsGirl, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2013
    Tonight I started germinating 2 more seeds, I'm not happy with 2 of the 3 I started last week. One hasn't poked through the dirt yet (I planted it too deep, I'm sure of it  --  darn it!) and the other one, well... it just doesn't look good at all. I spent at least 2 hours arranging a temporary grow space until I get my grow closet set up.

According to my first grow, I estimated I have about 2 months, maybe 3 before I need to transplant into my 5 gallon buckets and into the grow closet.

I must admit, the starting part of growing weed, the germinating, waiting for the root tap to surface, getting the right soil, the right temperature, waiting for the plant to break the dirt surface, the whole thing, to me, is very taxing on my nerves. I like it when the plants start showing signs of strength and actually looking like marijuana.

One more thing that's been taxing on my nerves is the fact that I'm planting this mini-crop from start to finish, from seed to my first hit, from germination to properly cured weed...... With my first grow, I always had it in the back of my mind that I was eventually planting them outside. This time around I'm in for the long haul. I'm excited about it (especially when I'm finished with the first fragile stages) :smoke:

8. #9 StayLowGrows, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
    Pick-a-boo! I see you!

I use the Harvest brand potting mix and compost from time to time. Great stuff IMO. Clay pots kick ass after fabric (smart) pots.
    In case you haven't seen this thread http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1151159-noobwannbs-self-wicking-smartpot-ghetto-setup.html check it out. You would want some sterile (nute free) perlite though. Works just the same with clay pots. Takes a little more to get the contact between the two, but still works great.

You'll get your environment dialed in. You have that will to make everything right. Not half-assed. Once you do, you'll have to start growing other things to occupy the time. :) 
    Glad to see you back at it. I'm around again myself ;)

9. Pick-a-boo.... I see you too! :wave:

Well, here's the latest. The 10 seeds I bought from Bonza seedbank, only 1 worked. I bought 10 last year in the late spring or early summer and I'm pretty sure the only reason I even got 1 plant is because of poor seed storage so I can't complain to the seed company.

At first I had 3 seeds, 1 turned out so I planted 3 more - nothing happened (germination process) so I planted my last 4 and 1 sorta germinated so I planted it and nothing happened. Soooo after all this time I have 1 ONE...Uno plant and here she is

View attachment 131862
    View attachment 131861
    View attachment 131860
    View attachment 131859
    View attachment 131858

It's getting on my nerves just babying this one plant. I'm going in for the bagseed option tonight. If pacman.toking can do it, so can I, right?

Now I don't know if I should keep the lamp to the left of the plant, to the right or in the middle. I've been constantly turning it toward the light (every day) but look how scrawny she looks. I've been doing the 18 on 6 off this whole time. When does that end? Look at pacman.toking's young plant... so full and FULL - yet short and stocky...that's what I want.

I'm such a freakin' newbie still -- I'm getting on my own nerves!!!

View attachment 131864
    View attachment 131863

Those are bamboo plants and a small bowl of water for humidity and oxygen I've also been running the fan on low for a few hours a night for air flow.

Watering  -  I learned my lesson from my first grow and that is when the pot feels light give her a drink until she starts dripping out the bottom then leave her alone for a few days

I'll go chill out, burn one and see what every one is up to.

;-)

10. Hey deleye that picture showing 50s locations approximatebto yours asap buddy! Make sure geo ysgging is disabled on your camera as well. They could see whwre you took the pic from and go from there, that would reequire someone in that pd to see the pic but nothngs impossible, just lookin out for a fellow blade.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11.  Ya know, I decided to take that 5.0 photo off my grow journal, thanks ;-)

12. Sooo, I went from this: 12/5/3013
    View attachment 130081

to this:  1/30/2014
    View attachment 133267

in just 2 months  -  does it look like I'm on the right track? I've been using the 18-6 light schedule since she was about a week old, I think. I've been having a hard time getting seedlings to grow. From my pack of 10 female Bonza Seeds I have one. I had to resort to plan B - using bagseed.

13. #14 MJsGirl, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
  14. #15 MJsGirl, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
    This is the closet I totally rigged. I looked, and looked and looked for something that would fit inside my tiny bedroom and all I could come up with was this:

View attachment 133292

they were only $18 each so I got 2. Then I made a black curtain for it, and at night time, so it's dark enough in my room for me to sleep, I drape another dark curtain over it (and I even have 2 fans blowing with the temp. steady around 76-80.)

View attachment 133284

View attachment 133283
    View attachment 133286
    View attachment 133285

15. Looks good. Glad to see you still at it. Got worried again :)

16. #17 MJsGirl, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
    View attachment 5732

My pictures are side ways when you first open the album but when you click on each picture they magically appear to be upright.

I'm shocked at the growth I'm witnessing in just a few short weeks. I'm still carrying her every morning from her dark spot to the light and every evening from the light back to her dark spot...<<<this.is.not.a.good.thing.to.be.doing!!

My watering schedule, to me, seems f*cked up but I'm going to keep on doing it because it seems to work.

Every other morning I create a hole in the sand and dump 24 ounces of bottled water and completely mist her. Later that day, when I transition her....yes, there does seem to be a small amount of water on the lid that she rests on so at least I know the water is going through all the way to the bottom.

God help me when I'm moving her that I don't trip and fall. I'd be devastated. A five gallon bucket of dirt is not light when #1 you don't have a handle to use #2 it's first thing in the morning #3 space is super tight so I have to maneuver me and the bucket very carefully #4 you have an evening buzz going on before placing her in darkness at 6pm! Not only that she's getting taller so I have to be EXTRA careful that I don't bump her into anything. It's complicated!! LOL

In a few weeks I'll be faced with the dilemma of not having enough height in my dark closet area. If she keeps growing up, I'll have to come up with a solution to keep her in total darkness.

At this rate, I figure I have about 5 more weeks of this back and forth (depending on the color of the trichomes) then it's harvest time - - a time I'll be very thankful for.

Today I'll be purchasing female seeds to start my second outside grow. I guess I'll shop around on the internet. I need to start the germination process before the first week in April so I can be ready to move what I end up with outside by the end of May.

Today I'll also be purchasing my first auto flowering seeds.... that's gonna be a whole 'nother level of newness for me.

I wish I could clone this one female I already have but I'm clueless to that whole method. I already screwed up once. Reading about it is one thing, I need hands on... I need someone here physically to show me or to do it for me and I know that's not gonna happen!

My next post is just some awesome pics I've taken.

peace! :smoke:

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394400061.486366.jpg

They sure can be pretty.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum