second plant growing well, CHECK IT OUT! FEEDBACK!?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by planepassenger, Sep 26, 2012.

1. ok so right now, this plant is about 25 days old. shes 4 1/2 inches tall and looks to be growing nice. i need a little pointers on what to do next. i have a consistent lighting pattern for this plant and the ph is a little under 7. any tips on what i should do next? take a look at her here(http://imgur.com/bk83E) and give me some feed back, thanks.

2. That has been growing for 25 days? What kind of light are you using? What soil did you use? It should grow a lot more than that in 25 days.

3. Yep, should be much bigger by now. What Rizzo asked....

4. By the stretching it looks to be a lighting issue. It hasn't stretched to the point that I would consider the light too far away, but more likely insufficient/incorrect lighting.

As asked previously - what kind of lighting are you using?

5. Like others said, lighting looks bad man. I did a micro CFL grow and they were bigger by 10 days, so I would definitely add more lighting, possibly a lot more.

What I'd like to know also though is what type of soil is that in? How often do you water? What's your lighting schedule? How far from the light? All those things could matter (and a wealth of other things)

6. well this was a rushed grow so i grabbed whatever i could from my house, im using miracle grow soil(yes, i know i fucked up already) and i have three 75w clear bulbs that im using. when i have the money, i plan to buy five 65w cfl bulbs.. and is it too late to change the soil?

7. #7 PancakesHouse, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012
    Cut your losses and move on. Germ a new bean and do things properly. Not sure how you came to the "growing nice" conclusion. All you really need to do is google "veg day 25" to see what a normal, typical plant is doing at the same age to see you have major, major problems.

Don't need to hear about strains and genetics either. You should have exponentially more growth than that.

[​IMG]

8. i looked at my journal and im on day 15, not 25. sorry for the typo.

9. Alright here's my advice, as soon as that plant fills its roots into that container let it dry and transplant into better soil, I'd go with Fox Farms Happy Frog and add extra perlite (and/or vermiculite and pumice).

This transplant is crucial, hopefully you'll be able to survive the time release nutes with no problem.

That lighting is crucial, do it as soon as possible (btw the price of a 250w mh/hps you can get them for about $120, and your harvest should yield at least twice as much (maybe consider that for your next grow, or a higher wattage, if you can't get it soonish) I've noticed when my plants get more light they look healthier in general, not just in terms of growth but node spacing, nutrient problems, stress, etc.

I'd highly recommend you look at organics, it looks a bit overwhelming (well, if you wanna read all the technical stuff, you could just use a soil mix someone suggests and be happy) you may never have to use nutrients with a good organic soil! And if you do, they'd be things you already bought and can top dress with or make a tea with.

Btw, when you water drench the cup, then let it fully dry before watering again. When you see the roots at the bottom of the cup passing through (you cut holes for water drainage right? If not, do that) thats about time to transplant. I like to let my plants go through one more water cycle and fully dry again to make sure the roots have really filled the cup.