second plant coming up from one seed?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by popesmokesdope, Feb 15, 2010.

1. i have about five plants that i am growing, and all are doing good. but one plant has another much much smaller plant sprouting up out of the soil about an inch away. what is that and what can i expect to happen with this second plant? im just gonna let it go and see what happens but any information would be nice. sorry for the shitty quality of the pictures.

also i realize i need to move the plants into bigger pots, im getting on that once i have money.

Attached Files:

2. move the lights closer to the plant. Its stretching.

3. This has never happened to me. But it is actually a very common occurrence in plants, not necessarily cannabis specific. What happens is, just like with people having twins, the seed produced two embryos. I've heard that these seeds would most likely not sprout at all.. but if they do there's nothin to worry about. Its not an indication of bad genes or anything. Until you get to the point that your twins are "fraternal" (not sure this even applies in botany) and one ends up male and the other female... lol good luck. That is kind of wat it looks like but Wow dude... I cant make heads or tails out of that picture.

4. super stretch get that light closer asap!

5. Is that the new strain from greenhouse seeds-----super "stretch" haze????? lol:D:D:smoking:

6. lol!!

7. i had no idea about stretching, thanks. so can i expect to get bud from the second plant then?

8. If its a girl, sure!

9. I had that happen and the second plant died. Mine was Low Rider 2. But the one that did that to me was from seeds I bread. (Sorry my spelling sucks). I thought it was because I took the plant to early. I have 2 plants that are growing like they were pinched and have 2 but tops from the same batch of seeds.

If I can figure out how to post a pic I will.