Second opinions welcome.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by zzxq90, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Hello, these are 2 week old seedlings under a 400 watt MH. They were raised in fox farm happy frog until yesterday. I transplanted them into 1 gallon pots with fox farm ocean forrest. Fed nothing but water, temps are in check, humidity is in check, and ph is in check.

My theory is the happy frog did not have enough nutrition for them. They have been really aggressive rooters, and I waited a little to long before transplanting...

What am I lacking on giving them to make them happy? All new growth is great, I just hate seeing them struggle.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Attached Files:

2. One other plant has the same signs and symptoms.

Attached Files:

3. They indoor or outdoor? What temperature are they sitting in?

Have you been filling them with a lot of nutrients or chemicals? They can cause small burns to the leaf.

4. #4 zzxq90, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013
    No chemicals ever. Indoor, temps steady sitting at 74.2 with lights on/ 68.6 with lights off. Air cooled light hood hanging 12-15" above.I am confident I can rule out temp/light issues.. all new growth is healthy and even closer to the light.

5. #5 zzxq90, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013
  6. You efforts to turn these seedlings to giant Redwood equivalents will kill these babes, as previously noted here:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1249758-fox-farm-ocean-forest-organic-soil-tell-your-experince-here.html

(IMHO).. FFOF is way too hot for cannabis and should be diluted with 30-50% perlite or sand, the fact that you got them thru the first 2 weeks with Happy Frog is more luck then anything else.

The 400Mh is way too strong at this stage of life perhaps once the plants are the size of your clenched fist put them under the 400w Mh, at twice the required distance off!
    But for now all they need is a couple of 100w (equilv.) CFL's and some miracle grow seed starter mix

The deal here is to back off using heavy / hot potting soils now so you may add the required nutes later at full veg or starting to bud, not these general purpose crap nutes that kill millions of cannabis seeds each year