Second Indoor Grow Attempt

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by BrazyJay, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Some of u may have seen my first thread and it wasnt going so great.... i decided to start over... i was used to just throwing some seeds down outdoors and checking maybe once a week, i saw the indoor plants wayyy too much.

Lighting: CFLs:18/6, 105w (5000k) & 42w (2700k)... i have more red spectrum lights for flowering, no use right now.

Water: pH 7.0, might need to drop it a little? dont know how though...

Soil: just general potting soil + perlite (75% soil/25% perlite)

First pic is of my 15 or 16 day old plant, the roots are so long and the plant is so small... can anyone determine what i did wrong?? I am thinking overwatering in the beginning, then heat stress.

Second pic is the germed seeds (started about 32 hours before this thread, but i was gone out of town so i sure they germed within 24 hours... they always do with my method. Oh, this is bagseed BTW, of some high mids. Third pic is the potted plants, now we wait for sprouts!

Attached Files:

2. Update: they sprouted 3 days ago... so i will post some pics later tonight closer to the end of their light cycle after i get off of work... they are looking wayyyy better than my first grow journal on here lol... i dont know if the daylight bulb is the reason they are doing better or maybe its because i havent watered them since i prewatered the soil for them to sprout...

3. Here are the pics i forgot to post last night (it was friday... haha i was out) Today is day 4 but these are day 3... if u saw my other thread ull see they are doing way better, my other plants were about this big at day 9 or 10

Attached Files:

4. yea man theyre doin way better. deffinatly keep updating, these should be a completely different story. did you change the soil mix and use less of the rocks? im still confused why those were messed up. they shoulda been as big as mine. my 2 indoor plants are doing good ive been trimin some fan leaves off cause theyre too bushy with shoots. one is twice the size of the other and showed me it was a male today. from past experience that means the shorter one which hasnt showed sex should end up being a female. but damn your plants are already the same size as the last damn near

5. yea i used wayyy less perlite this time, about 25% perlite, i watered today(first time since pre-water after germination)... by this time on my last grow i had watered 2 times lol... im being a little more careful this grow haha... i will probably post some pics tonight

6. Day 8: watered again this morning... and heres the pics!! first pic is kinda blurry and the lights turn off in 1 or 2 minutes so i cant get another

Attached Files:

7. Day 13: Watered this morning again with the peroxide + water solution...i dont know what is wrong with these plants, i know its my fault but damn i definitely didnt overwater this time, they are starting to turn purple around the edges of the leaves again...

Attached Files:

8. Try using real basic potting soil.