Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Second hand smoke and drug tests

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by SkeebyDeeby, Feb 4, 2007.

1. i'm a seasoned toker and received a possession ticket about a month ago. i'm a freshman at college and only live two hours away from home. the next time i go home my parents are going to drug test me. i havent been smoking since monday and have been taking niacin once a day and exercising regularly. i tested myself yesterday (thinking i would fail) and i did. will second hand smoke cause thc to remain in my system? i've heard that the thc in second hand smoke is not potent enough to get in my system but im not sure. someone help me

p.s. im only 5'7 and 130 pounds with low body fat so that should help my cleansing go faster

2. Second hand smoke can leave trace amounts of THC in your system for a few days, but most drug tests factor in accidental ingestion in the amount that you need to fail.

Edit: I think as long as you avoid hotboxed rooms/cars or any super thick smoke you should be perfectly fine. Good luck with the test, i hope for the best.(rhyming not intended :p )

3. Ok
    so we all know how bad
    drug tests can be
    but for so-called "second hand smoke"

the true story is
    you would have to be sitting in a car
    for 6 full hours...baking
    so there would be enough THC to test positive

so unless you bake, you're good. :hello:

4. all true. There's always a cutoff of a certain amount of THC you're allowed to have in your system. in employment tests it's usually 35-50 ng/ml. in military and DoD tests, it's 15 ng/ml

5. I have a drug test thursday and after someone hot boxed a car tonight i went in to the car i could smell it a little bit could that effect my drug test results at all?

6. hmm this is an interesting thread...because some of my buddies have been a little nervous about me roaching a spliff with them...

7. yes. itll prolly add a few more ng/ml, but most likely it wont make difference to your result

8. I'd, uh, take some more niacin there, buddy.

I was always told that second hand smoke would not put THC in your system.

9. hmm i just read the title and non of the post because i felt like i'd get dumber...

i would like to CONCLUDE THAT its nearly impossible to get high off of smoke that has already been filtered by another lung, and waste was exhaled BECAUSE THERE IS NO MORE USE (Now of course there could be some techical "what if" situations where there was like 4 blunts in a car fogged out (same time) and no one actually inhaled and they just blew shotguns in the air (with nobody hitting it, thus filling the interior of the car with UNFILTERED weedsmoke) Then that would defiently be a worrysome scenario....

but but but....I know i would'nt even want to take a slight possible chance, so just don't hang around ppl who is currently burning

10. thanks guys

11. EDITED -sorry didnt really read the first post :)

As for the niacin, Here is something i just picked up that you might want to know.

If you are using this, you better go out and get the right stuff :)

12. 2nd hand wont show up probly but just keep excersiing