Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Second hand marijuana and Drug tests

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by poozlehunter, Dec 5, 2006.

1. i was given penal code 1000 for felony possesion of a controlled substance a week or two ago and my punishment is four months of drug program (w/ random drug testing) and 18 months stay out of trouble.

i used to be a heavy smoker. smoked everyday for 3 years but i quit about four months ago, smoking about once a month after that. after this whole incident with the law i entered into the pc 1000 program and it requires taht you get drug tested. well ive been clean for about a month and a half now but i live in an apartment where everyone blazes. i was wondering what the chances are that i will test positive just by inhaling second hand smoke?

they recently started doing it in their rooms and i have my own but once in a while theyll come out and smoke in the living room. i dont mind but if its gonna make a difference on my drug test then im gonna have to ask them to help me out. im only asking beceuase one of my friends took a drug test for someone else and he never blazed. but a few days before he sat next to someone smoking a blunt and tested positive on the test.

thanks guys any help would be appreciated, i dont wanna go to jail over second hand mary jane smoke.

2. There's a very slim chance. What you might get is a contact high.. I used to sit in a bathroom with Roy and Mel when they would smoke.. And about 4 minutes into the session they would aks me 'Hey, you allright?'.. "Uhmm, Now.. I'm sure I didn't smoke anything.." And they explained to me that it was a 'Contact High' and I was sure to pass my drug tests. Which I did.

There is not enough THC content in the exhaled second hand smoke to make a difference with your urine levels. Just drink the usual bottle or two of water and everything will be fine.

3. I was concerned with the same thing when I was on probation. I was told by my PO that the thc in the smoke dissappears after 5 seconds in the air. So you are not going to get enough thc in you to test positive. If you directly inhale the smoke from the person's mouth (shotgunning) then you have a problem. What was it you were caught with? I didn't think possession of marijuana was a felony...

4. He said possession of a 'controlled substance', which could possibly mean prescription pain killers. Instant felony.

5. possession of cocaine..but thanks fro the help guys. my roomates smoek in their rooms now but i can sometimes smell the bud smoke in the living room. am i still pretty much 100% safe? cause my drug program uses drug tests taht are sent back to the lab. not ur ordinary dip stick ones so theyll probably be able to detect lower amounts of THC in the body.

6. dog thas a bad idea beenin round smoke when if your gettin drug tested my uncle was in the same situation as you and tested positve and he wasent smokin you might as well be if your in the same room as it but it shouldent stay in your body as long as if you had smoked

7. yeah for real, but i have my own room in the apartment and they keep it in their rooms. do you think that is enough? or should i ask them to smoke outside?

8. one more question.. i know that my drug program uses drug tests that get sent back to the lab. i was thinking of buying a drug test for myself from the local pharamacy.. the standard dipstick ones. would these "over the counter" drug tests pick up miniscule amounts of THC in my system? as in would the lab pick up traces that the over teh counter one coudlnt?

9. my frien smoked like .1 grams like a joint outside, on sat night i had a drug screen today will that show up. i didn't inhale or anything he blew the smoke away from me. i drank water and stuff. put i want to know if the second hand will show up. thanks.

10. if you were outside then you're fine.

11. man im really scared if i dont pass this drug test them i will like have to go back to court so your sure lol. sorry just kinda freaking. if it helps i have a very fast metabolism.

12. i bought a drug test today and tested myself. the cut off for the THC amount was 50 ng... doyou guys know if this is the same cut off level they use for governmental tests.. like court order tests? i tested negative but the line was a little faint and i heard thers another test that tests for 15 ng of THC.

13. Dude your fine, chill

14. anyone?

15. okay people, tell me. will i fail? i only got like one response last time.

i am 5' 7", 125 pounds, 5% body fat. i was around my friend he smoked like one small nugget outside on saturday. and i was with him. he was blowing the smoke away from me also. but im still worried, i took my drug screen on wed. thanks. need to know cause soon as i can. beacuse, if i passed i can smoke again. :smoking: