second grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Sexypenguin41, Apr 11, 2009.

1. hey everyone, i had to stop growing for a while because they landlord was showing our house for several weeks, but i've started again finally because someone signed the lease so no more house showings. huzzah! For now i've got 6 23 watt daylight cfl's about 3-4 inches from the seedlings and a 50 watt metal halide about 3-4 feet up that i wired myself :p I've got four seedlings (all a day old) in fox farm ocean forest soil mixed with perlite in red plastic cup containers. I'll probably only have room for three in my closet, so i'll try and pick the healthiest of the three when it's time to transplant. here are some pics of the setup and the seedlings (though they're hard to see)

Attached Files:

2. here's day 2 everyone! (keeping a sufficient log on them)

Attached Files:

3. Well you don't have a light shortage :)

You might want to consider switching to happy frog when you transplant because ocean is so dry. Great choice for starting anything though. + the frog has Mycorrhizae in it so no worries there.

Peace :) will be watching.

4. hey puff, glad to hear you'll be following along. always good to have company on a long journey :p I added one more 26 watt daylight bulb (and two of those other 23 watts i mentioned earlier were actually 26) and added a 43 watt bright white bulb. and i'll add one or two more later as they get bigger. here's day 3!

Attached Files:

5. day 4

Attached Files:

6. day 5! I treated them with neem oil cause i noticed two thrips hanging around.

Attached Files:

7. hey..looks like a good start but maybe you should consider doing something with the hanging wires man, you dont need a short causing a fire,,,,imo...

gluck man

8. #8 huhwhat, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
    Wow, those are growing really fast. Or maybe mine are just slow. I guess mine are slow from doing 12/12 from start. Will be watching since we started at around the same time. Looking good.

9. hey thanks for the comments budslinger and huhwhat. about the hanging wires, that's really not an option to change, my closet doesn't have an outlet and those wires for the lights are pretty harmlessly draped over the bar to hang clothes on and taped up neat and orderly so nothing gets tangled and there aren't exposed wires. These seedlings came from three different types of dro seeds i collected. one is lemon diesel, and the other two didn't have a name but were just as "high" quality as the diesel. you can already see the differences between some of them. the one in the lower right is my favorite so far. More indica than the rest so it's nice and bushy/low growing. Day 6!

Attached Files:

10. alright, here they are at one week old. I'll probably transplant them during this next week to some 3 1/2 gallon pots which i'll keep them in until the very end and pretty soon i'll only be updating pics of them every two or three days cause the difference in a day is gonna stop being noticeable pretty soon unless i get a better camera soon (which will probably happen) current conditions: temp stays between 77 and 83, humidity 55-65%,

Attached Files:

11. Wow, maybe I need to add more light. Yours are growing sooo much faster.

12. alright, i missed a day cause i was busy re-potting and changing the setup of the lights three of the plants are in 3-3.5 gallon pots and the orange one (i color coded them so you can see each ones progress better) is in a 5 gallon pot, but it's not all the way full. It's got just a little more soil than the other pots. I'm now using ten 26 watt CFL's (all daylight except for one bright white) and the 50 watt metal halide. here they are early into day 9! green, blue, orange and pink.

Attached Files:

13. alright everyone, here are those four plants in the same order again. two pics of each plant this is day 12. i was thinking of topping some of them in this next week.

Attached Files:

14. Lol at your light set up. Guess it works though.

15. Hey whatever works and looking good so far. :)

16. Yeah I really need to add more light tomorrow. I dunno if its cause i'm starting from 12/12 or don't have enough light but yours are twice as big haha. Are you counting days out of the ground or days from seed?

17. days out of the ground. and it's a combination of 12/12 and having less light.

18. alright everybody, the plants are doing pretty fantastic. some of the plants beggining false leaves and the first set of leaves are developing brown spots around the edges. it's probably some nutrient deficiency, but seeing as how it's developing at such a slow rate, i'm gonna wait on using any ferts cause they're still young and the soil they're in SHOULD have enough of everything they need up to this point. here they are at day 15. same order

Attached Files:

19. how do your plants grow at such a good rate. in my first attepmt, they got to your day 2, but it took them a week then they all died of nute burn or deficency

20. Wow, those plants are literally exploding out of the soil!

Don't let one hit you in the eye on its way up!