Second grow - white widow x big bud 4 weeks flower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by guitarbaka, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Hello,

First of all my first grow was with one plant, unknown strain vegged under CFLs and flowered under 400 hps. Dry yield was .7 oz using LST. Here are some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For my second grow I picked up some white widow x big bud clones at my local dispensary, transplanted them and threw them right into flowering schedule under 400 hps. Two weeks later they started to flower, one month later:

[​IMG]

So everything seems good except for that two of my plants' buds are still really small. Anybody know why? Here is a cola from a good one:

[​IMG]

Vs small one:

[​IMG]

I think is due to the positioning of the plants in my grow tent.

Nutrients are jungle juice and I feed them molasses.

2. I have some wwbb going at the moment and ha e noticed to distinct phenotypes with different bud structure. Some are tighter with donkey dicks while the others are lankier with and more spaced between. I think strain swells bigtime though.

3. Also not sure what jungle juice is....chem nutes? Molasses is useless in a non organic grow imo.

4. Wanted to grow this strain so bad but went with straight white widow, il keep checking in on this to see how it's going. Really eager to see how much this strain yields. Seeing as straight WW is a lower yielding plant, this mix seems perfect if it lives up to it's name.

I am a pathological liar, don't believe anything I say as I don't know what I'm talking about and it is a lie.

5. Yup its the same I'm seeing. I wonder if the ones that have not gotten big will swell up or not. I feel like those two are going to need to be flowered longer.

6. So maybe I am wrong, but I am using organic soil ( happy frog). Do you think molasses are still useless? I thought they would have the same amount of microbes even if I am using nutes ( jungle juice by advanced nutrients). I also mixed some bone meal with my soil.

7. Yeah, so from what I read its a higher yield than white widow but less than big bud. The potency is supposed to be in between.

I am happy though because how frosty they are, check out some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Damn dude, those look amazing. Il definetly have to try growing this strain some time. Love the way yours look bro :)

I am a pathological liar, don't believe anything I say as I don't know what I'm talking about and it is a lie.

9. Well...again I dont know what jungle juice is...bit if it a chem nute then it will kill your microherd. Organic amendments such as bone meal are there to be broken down by the microherd into usable nutrients for the plant. Molasses is used as a treat for the microherd as used sparingly it will help your microherd to expand and thrive. So if you are using chems....the chems feed the plant directly...kill the microherd and make organic amendments useless. fox farm soil is fine from everything I hear.

10. Took a look at that jungle juice. if you are gonna use chems then you should just skip the organic ammendments and follow feed charts. If you want to grow organic then stick with bone meal and include things like kelp and alfafa meal and you can have serious killer grows with water and molasses only.

11. Dang, OK I didn't know it until now. Nice to know. I used purely jungle juice on my first grow and it came out great, however I thought I was organic. For sure I will try full organic next plants.

I have been reading up and I some say if nutrients are fed lightly it will not kill your micro herd. Hmm, I wonder...

12. So for those who have been reading I have an update.

Out of the 5 plants I had, 2 of them turned hermies and I had to pull them. They were the long ones with white hairs that were not growing buds. This happened about a month ago.

So today I checked the trichomes and I found about 1% amber, 80% cloudy and the rest transparent. I did the following:

1. The plant with the biggest buds was cut and hanged completely upside down to dry without cutting it. I read in a thread this is the best way to dry. Anyone have experience with this?

2. Another plant had new buds growing so I cut half of it and hanged it upside down. I am trying to see if the lower buds get bigger with time. Anyone have experience with this?

3. The last plant I left to have it turn more amber trichomes. I want to see the difference between the other two and this one that is left out longer.

The plants have been flowering for 8 weeks (since they started showing flowers) and I am using cha ching in the last 3 weeks.
    Here are some pictures before I pulled them, look at this one with some new white hairs growing:

[​IMG]

This one is from a week ago before fox tails appeared:

[​IMG]

Let me know what you guys think.

13. Ive grown big bud before and the buds are very impressive...I may have a difference of opinion from some of the comments Ive read on your thread though......Ive grown 100% organic and with using chems, and the two are not exclusive. For instance Molassas is a chelating agent and will benifit your plants in either an organic or chemical grow.. Just remember to use it correctly and not over do it ( i only use it once a week, but i know others that use it almost every day). The jungle juice (if your not familiar with it) was created as a better and cheaper replacement of GH's 3 part grow nutes (which were created for the US Goverment) and made very famous by appling the Lucas formula to it (and eliminating one of the 3 parts). They are good beginer nutes, just make sure you use your PPM meter all the time..to avoid over fert., Remembering to occasionaly check the run off from the plant with the PPM meter to verify what is coming out. With soil its easy to over nute them and thats where the PPM meter will save you. Jungle Juice will work better with a couple other of advance nutrients products. Not all of A.N. products give you the bang for the buck. But remember the juice is base nutes, the addition of Big Bud (self explanatory), Bud Factor X ( Its snowing, and expensive as hell) and Rhino skin (stronger plants, with yet more snow) will make a  major difference...The rest of A.N.'s products dont give as big a bang for your buck as those I just mentioned..

14. Thanks B., great info! I want to grow 100% organic next year.

I don't have a PPM meter, I guess I should buy one if I want to grow bigger buds. As for feeding, I feed the plants with 1/2 of what is said on the jungle juice bottle. I have never overfed my plants because I give them very little nutrients, in the worry that I will lock them out. Sometimes I feel they could use more, but if they look good I don't want to risk it.

May I ask that you explain what a chelating agent is? I just read a couple of threads about it, but I am not getting it.

15. For those ever interested, I got about 1 oz dried per plant. Not too bad. Now they are in jars curing for 2 weeks to 1 month.