second grow, what I'm i doing wrong???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kicka44, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Well dear sara i keep it at 24" for now and i dont know ur Idea of lightcoverege but for me that would mean about the same amount of light for the space it covers, in the middle right under the light i get about 250000 on My Lux meter and in the corners i get 146000 Lux so u see its quite a big diference, i dont have a fancy education or anything but it dosnt take a genius to figure that a 1600w light Will produce more light then a 400w so How did u guys think when u recomend the same hanging distance? I have a 1200w aswell and according to My Lux meter this is a fact, so obviously i need to keep My 1200w closer to get the same Reading on the meter and yet closer if i where to have a 900w, and so on. Im not bitching about it to be a smartass its just that My 1600w stunned my plants in germation at 30" and the 1200w didnt, so well thats My question How can u recomend the same haning distance for all ur modell when each light produce a diferent amount of light?

2. Hi Kicka,
    Sorry about that, we recommend hanging distance are an interval, and just for your reference, you can according to your plants rearrange the light hanging distance. Really sorry we should explain clearly in our descriptions.
    How about your plants now? hope them back to health

3. thanks for ur concern, i would say that they all bounced back about a week and a half in growth that i lost exept for just one plant that still doesn't grow propery, but all the other are coming along just fine, they r really different from the other led i had for my first grow, a lot of veg growth and really tight branches and bushy short plants, i had the veg mode on for about two and a half weeks then switched the bloom switch on, is that to soon? is the veg mode designed to make the plants grow in hight more then the full spectrum and if so, for my next grow, how long should i have the veg mode on for? i read up for hours and i got the same answer anywhere that u should put both switches on from the start for getting thicker stems but they r too thick if there is such a thing, its not proportionally correct to rest of the plants normal grow cycle. just the last 4 days they started to really pick up and starting to grow up towards the light, i have the 1600w at 24 inches and if u want the plant to get taller u should put the light further away to make the plant stretch for the light, i don't know if this will work as they r over a month old and some r already going in to bloom, can u still make them stretch by moving the lights a bit further away or is it to late for that now considering the cycle of the plants and the stage there in right now. i know this might be a really hard question for u to answer as ur not allowed to test ur pruduct urself and i would imagine that the people u have testing out the plants run just the veg mode for longer then just two and a half week, so i lost some of the yields to poor craftsmanship for using ur lights for the first time, how long does ur test guys recommend to have just the veg mode on?i know it might differ between different strains but more or less, give or take?

thanks for quick reply!

other then that, i think they r really good lights if u just figure out the right distance and light schedule. my plants looks much healthier then with the other led, also this one goes out to every body, r someone else using the GHE full notes series, i get the ppm/ec (i think they r the same I'm a newbie) up to almost 1700 and i read that 1600 is the highest u should go considering nuts concentration, i did get nutes burns on my first grow i just didn't realize it also i didn't use the full advanced line just the three part, grow, bloom and micro and some cal-mag when the where showing deficiencies of cal-mag, now i just add half the dose recommended cal-mag all the time i feed not to get any deficencys. i read about the lucas formula but i only found people using it for hydro systems, i use coco, this will obviously set back the ppm quite a bit as u don't use the grow at all, any thoughts on that. I've gotten new photos of the whole setup where u can see how the lights r set up and pics with out the lights on as requested i just hadn't got the time now to post them will do it today after work.

Peace

• Like Like x 1
  4. i brought this up before but can some one plz point me at the right directions, my feeding water is about 1600ppm with tap water and I've been seeing some really small signs of nut burns on just two plants, how I'm i supposed to lower the dose from what they recommend to get a lower ppm if i don't know what specific cute i need to reduce i have my nuts schedule on a mother post plz tell my what i sholud do it differently to get the ppm down, my tapster is 200ppm, will a water filter prevent nute burns cuz of the lower ppm but still give the same amount of notes? is it called RO water? price is not an issue. and will some one plz explain if and why u should used the lucas formula cuz i only read about people using it in hydro and i use coco. plz some answers guys
    peace out

5. #25 Gro_Darkstar, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Ro is the way to go first off. But your tap water is pretty good at 200ppm. An ro filter will get you to 0 ppm. 1600ppm is too high for feeding though. Veg 6-800 with adult plants. Lower for smaller plants. And 1000 or so for flower. Up to 1200 is ok. Cut your nutes in half. Watch your runoff. Runoff should be a little higher than you feed at. If it's way over you're feeding too much and you'll get lockout issues. If it's the same as in you need to feed more. I feed at 730ppm in veg and my runoff is around 800ppm most of the time.

6. What nute line do u use?what medium do u grow in? Is it the same PPM genarally speaking for organic nutes and normal nutes? Ive tried to find some info for the Lucas formula, does anybody know if this is only used for hydro growing or can u use it for Coco aswell? As this Will lower the PPM but still give enough amont of nuts.

7. I run general hydroponics in most of my garden now but I am introducing blue planet farmers pride right now to a couple plants. Hoping to make the switch. I also run a few amendments as well. Bottles nutes synthetic and organic should be similar ppm.
    I grow in promix w/ mycorrhizae.
    And idk about that formula.