Second grow, understairs closet, LOS, mainline?

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by JonInColorado, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Thanks! :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Update - Friday - 7/13/18, Day 68 of flower, day 123 overall.

It's very likely this'll be the last full update of this grow, I just chopped down jh2, leaving only jh1, which means that the plants finished in the exact reverse order that they sprouted :p I've found several seeds so far, both in northern lights and jock horror, not too bothered, I'm not 100% light tight yet, plus I can always grow the seeds, and it's a small number of them as far as i can tell, mostly bud material :)

[​IMG]

Jock Horror 1
    [​IMG]

Jock Horror 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll probably post tomorrow with the weight of northern lights 1, if it's dry enough, and hopefully the chopping of jock horror 1. Happy Weekend Everyone :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Whew, just typed a whole thing with pictures and everything and at some point hit backspace which moved me to another page and erased everything I'd done, so rather than re-type angrily, I'll just do the Tonto version. nl1 = 1.22 oz, jh1 chopped. Here pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jock Horror 2 was dry enough this morning, this plant continues to be eerily perfect, every long stem was exactly uniform with every other long stem, and the smaller stems that I cut off from the bottom were all functionally identical, the buds were all basically the same size, strange that Jock Horror 1 is a wild mess, very different phenotypes, I wish I had 1,000 seeds of this one. Only got 1.97 oz, I keep reminding myself that it was a water-only grow with light polution and inadequate ventilation, so I'm just being happy with what I get, plus yields aren't everything, and we've smoked a bit of both strains, and they're great so far, northern lights is maybe the fruitiest weed I've ever smoked, and although I've been more high from other strains, Jock Horror gets me there in like 2 seconds, can't wait to see what they're like cured (and turned into rso).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm going camping this weekend, and I'm not sure whether to bring the jars with me so I can burp them, or try to teach my father-in-law how to do it since he's watching our cats and watering my other plants. Jock Horror Vs Jack Herrer - 36x20x62 tent grow 1, crx sunny 1500w
    I may just have to jar jh1 early since it'll be 5-day dry when we're driving to the mountains, I bet 1 day less of drying should be fine. whoops, gotta go work, later :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nice harvest, man! Every grow provides lessons to implement in the next one.

After drying and burping for just a few days, I toss a Boveda pack in my containers, along with a humidistat. I'd imagine that it'd be fine to leave over the weekend and just check on them when you're back in town. A humidistat in a couple jars would give you an idea of how things went.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Thanks, bacon, I totally forgot about those, I'll pick some up from the grow shop tomorrow :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Final Grow Update

Hi everyone, I'm back from camping, actually weighed and jar'd jh1 before I left but didn't have time to post an update, ended up with 1.78 oz, for a grow total of 6.42 oz, not bad for water only and so many seeds, also, the smoke is quite good, we were quite baked just from the good clippings and baby buds not worth trimming. So, I'm gonna try to light-proof the door to the grow room, and hopefully that solves the seed problem for the next grow, also, the one cheap duct fan is going away, and I'm putting in 2 large powerful fans, one in place of the exhaust fan, the other will go behind the furnace filter, which will require cutting a big hole in the back wall then fixing it afterwards, but I'll have proper airflow for the first time, and so will the tent :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Conclusions: Much better than last grow, light issues all resolved, I now feel confident lighting my future grows. I basically light-proofed the grow room except a small amount around the door, which goes to a dark room which was almost never lit when they were sleeping, and I still ended up with lots of seeds, I wonder if light isn't the only factor there. This next grow, which will start whenever I'm done with the mods, should be perfectly light-tight, and I will be top-dressing and possibly doing teas, so if I still get seeds, I'm gonna switch to auto-flowers and save all these bag seeds for the outdoors, whenever I can set something a bit stealthy up. I think in this setup, water-only can produce at most 2 oz per plant, my goal next grow is 2.5 oz per plant and no seeds, we'll see. Thanks for following, and check out my other grow. Jock Horror Vs Jack Herrer - 36x20x62 tent grow 1, crx sunny 1500w :love-m3j:

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Hey everyone! (or anyone who hasn't cleaned out their watched threads yet)

I had a couple of really busy months, but before we smoked the last few joints (out of MANY) and turned the rest into RSO (more on this later), I got a couple of pictures.

Jock Horror Seeds
    [​IMG]

Northern Lights Seeds
    [​IMG]

Jock Horror 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jock Horror 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Northern Lights 1
    [​IMG]

Northern Lights 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So the Jock Horror didn't really have the super happy effect I'd read about on the Nirvana seeds website, but, water-only probably doesn't bring out much of the good stuff, it is, however, pleasant if not a bit hazy, not extremely energetic, but not couch-lock either, the Rick Simpson Oil from this is interesting, I take a relatively small dose (about 2 grains of rice worth) in the morning, and I can paint for 10-12 hours no problem, I'm not bouncing off the walls, but I have plenty of calm, happy energy, until I get home and take my 100% Indica Northern Lights RSO pill (like 6 grains of rice worth), around 5:00, and then see how long I can stay awake as my entire body relaxes and unwinds. This Northern Lights is the smoothest, fruitiest weed I think I've ever smoked, after curing it, my mom commented that it smelled like wine. It's oil yield wasn't tremendous, however, kinda wish I would've just kept it all for just-before-bed smoking, I wouldn't call it couch lock, so much as narcolepsy :)

I am growing Jock Horror again right now, but with ewc and bat/seabird guano every watering, so much more food for the plant, and hopefully, more fully developed bud with more of the happy characteristics that it's known for. I do have 1 more Jock Horror seed from the seed bank, along with 3 other free seeds, that'll be my next grow in this closet, which'll start next spring-ish, as power costs are starting to become a thing, even with solar in the summer, I think Excel charges way more since I have solar, so if I go over what solar produces, they gouge my eyes out, so I gotta figure something out with that before I start doing simultaneous grows like I want to. Also, our situation may be changing soon and I may not be growing for a while, we may go tiny house / bus / rv and live like gypsies until we can find some land we can afford, build a shop (if it hasn't one) and build a room in that shop (hopefully 8x8) to grow in.. but we have to get on top of regular bills before we can do that, so I'll keep doing grows from the debt prison until we figure out a way out. lol, I still always rant in this thread.
    Cheers! :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1