Second grow problems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by charliebabb, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Hi all, I am now entering into my second cannabis grow The first one went pretty well with a few minor issues. I am now growing 9 Granddaddy Purps clones. They are about 2 weeks old since i planted the clones in my 5 gallon pots. I am using FFOF soil and 600 watts of light (HLG Quantum Boards). I havent given any nutrients yet (scared of burning them because im using FFOF). Ive just given some amino acids, liquid kelp, rhizotonic, occasional greatwhite, and AZOS was powered around the clones roots when i transplanted them. I have only needed to water once every 4-5 days (water around the clone, not soaking pot too much).Ph every time. The plants look like they are getting some good new growth but some of the meristems look really strange to me (some curling and some not opening up and praying to the light). Also some leaves look nitrogen deficient and almost have a "rocky" texture to the leaves. Some leaves are also shriveling towards the stem. Any thoughts on whats wrong with my babes?

Attached Files:

2. nute burn and unhappy roots is the cause of your hardship.
    curious as to the temperature and humidity in your area.

3. What about it makes you think theres nute burn? Isnt that usually indicated by burnt tips?

4. twisted new foliage is an indication of high EC/ppm

5. Looks like a nutrient lockout to me. What ph are you watering at?

6. I am watering at PH of 6.5

7. Interesting because i havent added any nutrients. And the plants were doing fine last week.

8. What kind a water u giving them? A high EC can occur via abiotic stress drying/heating conditions. Leaves 'praying' is indication of heat, so they transpire, but you only water each 4 days, now the mix is getting thicker in the media and concentrated.
    I just see that and think too high an EC. I mean, I could be wrong, but that's what it looks to me. Why not feed them a little bit of dilute solution? Or maybe just spray em with some water.

9. from your original post " I havent given any nutrients yet (scared of burning them because im using FFOF). Ive just given some amino acids, liquid kelp, rhizotonic, occasional greatwhite," If you look at what you added most of what you have given them are indeed "nutrients"

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. There could be over watering in there somewhere

11. When im talking nutrients i mean base NPK. But you are right, i suppose those are nutrients in a sense (definitely kelp meal, but i used in very dilute amounts). And from what i have read, rhizotonic and great white cant really burn a plant, more so establish fungi/bacteria population. And the amino acids i read can help in small amounts, no harm no foul. Anything sound right about all that?

12. kelp meal has slight amounts of npk and ffof is ready to go with no adds for at least 3-4 weeks , many say its some what hot to start off in. Dependent on the strain people have seen slight burn with zero added to ffof . I use it plain with no adds for 3 weeks veg and they always seem happy

13. Thanks for the replies. After looking around at pictures and from what you all have mentioned, It does indeed look like nutrient lockout. Just seems weird because i always PH my water to 6.5. Water source is testing at 150ppm but thats what it was during last grow and was fine. I will go purchase a few gallons of purified and see what happens. Ive read that sometimes the soil just needs a flush, but im scared putting that much water will then over water them. Any thoughts?

14. They are not going to drown. Feed them a dilute nute solution to 50% or so runoff and get the excess salts out and check your runoff's ph.

15. Would pure water be better given that my soil most likely has plenty of nutrients in there still?

16. You can use pure water. Don't go flushing for 20x volume or anything. Just 50% runoff to get rid of excess salts.

17. Okay so its been nearly a week since i flushed them and they really aren't doing too much better. They honestly look worse. At this point it seems like they are deficient in nutrients. Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

18. What is the temperature?

19. Low of 66. High of 74 throughout this last week

20. Maybe the pot is too big not allowing the pot to dry and the roots to explore fresh soil to get nutrients? Because the soil is still somewhat damp.