Second Grow LED Closet set-up, First Time Scrog

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by trickorbeats, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Just starting my second LED grow. My first time around was trial and error and had many a disturbance. I moved twice and the plant never got used to an environment. With that said I grew in soil and used mostly tap water with nothing added. No idea what the strain was for I am growing random seeds that I have found over the years. Some are medical, some are headies, some are kd, and some are mids. So I never really know what I'm growing(same with this time). I have a 100watt LED grow light and small fan to move air. The plant grew fine and was very potent aromatically. It grew too about 3 feet in height, mostly I feel because it spent most of its life in a small cabinet. I never trimmed the plant. The nugs where airy but very sticky and covered in crystals. I yeilded about 3/4ounce but I feel that is due to stressing the plant out, not using nutrients, and not having proper reflection in my grow area.

NEW SET UP
    This time my plant will not be moving. Closet is decked out with mylar which will help with how low of a watt my LED is. I also picked up a co2 bag. Its full of organic compost that will give off co2 to your grow area for upto 6 months...lets see if it does. Got FoxFarm nutrients(Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Grow Big). A pH monitor so i can keep tabs on my soil.

The plants are still very small seedlings and in their first pots. Haven't decided on what I'm going to do for soil. So if anyone has any ideas I am open to suggestions. For now I'm just getting things ready and reading the grow bible. I'll be back soon with updates. For Now here are some pics of my old plant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pics where from an Iphone so they are kinda crappy. New photos will be from a real camera.

2. ok so its been about a week since i was last on here and this is whats changed.

I got some "Sunshine Advanced Mix #4" from a friend so I transferred my seedling over to a 3 gallon pot using that and a small amount of perlite for the bottom of the pot. The mix's website said it has 7 days worth of nutrients in it already so i added a large amount of (filtered)tap water to the pot/mix, added the plant and am going to hold off all watering until a week is up.

Light is on 24/7 and the plant seems to be doing well. i did have a loss, not sure what happened but i did start out with two plants...this however will give me a chance to attempt cloning too. Once my plant is large enough(and hopefully female) i will make a few clones to have for my grow.

My co2 bag came in and was also added to my room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]