Second Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Xone92, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Oh and the last grow had what I believe was like a 1.5 gal coco pot so not really big compared to this 3 gal. With this topping and LST along with a QB I can see this yield hopefully being double. I'll be satisfied with a 100% increase in return compared to run #1

• Like Like x 1
  2. I've had a Jack Herer and a White OG from Seedsman growing as well but I'm not really documenting those. They're at about node 3 and have been transplanted into 2 gal fabric pots to finish up. Those are mainly for testing a soil I've been building with local amendments and Pro Mix. I'm going to monitor them for issues and see how this mix works and adjust from there. It's all a part of the plan for when I switch to fully organic in the future.

3. Impressive effort, boss. Still in the Blurple Galaxy here but have recently added some fanless, driverless COB fixtures that are upping my game a bit.
    Image152.jpg Image174.jpg
    (ten days progress under a 100w version)
    IMG_20190219_044938.jpg IMG_20190219_044944.jpg
    Routine has been one month veg at 20/4 starting under 50w UFO then graduating with a container upgrade to a larger cabinet with either 300w or 310w combined.
    IMG_20190219_035026.jpg IMG_20190219_035000.jpg
    Current flowering system is a combined 840w but with the cost benefit ratio of these COBs I built two additional cabinets for extended veg/flower. A 100w was only $29 and the 150w was just $35; got these a month after finding a pair of 75w versions for $20 each.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Interesting.. Can you by chance link me to these COBs? I'm curious to check them out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hmm are you going by the description or the draw from the wall? That 100w the link takes me to only draws 50w from the wall so it's not a true 100w. I wonder what the 450 draws it doesn't list it as an option there for me to check.

6. Wall draw on the 450w unit claims to be 165w; the downward calculation doesn't phase me - these systems allow several sources which makes coverage better than with my earlier 400w HPS (hanging unused for two grows now)

7. I've got a webcam setup for my 100w in a slimline cabinet with a young sprout that I just topped. Will post a pic now and get back with you in a week to show you how things take off.
    Image198.jpg

8. Keep us updated on how your soil experiment goes!

• Like Like x 1
  9. day 71
    37F

Attached Files:

10. So far everything looks good in it! The two little ones are the mephistos and they’re using the same stuff

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Day 73
    39F

Attached Files:

12. Looks good man!

It's has to tell from the picture, but it looks like a couple of your taller buds have leaves that are blocking main bud sites. I would recommend removing a leaf if it directly shading a main bud site.

For example, in the bottom left corner of the picture you posted, it looks like you could remove this leaf to give more light to the budsite below
    20190224_072953.jpg

I'm not saying to specify remove this leaf. Just an example. Hope that helps!

13. #114 Xone92, Feb 24, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Yeah dude you are right. I’ve been doing some tucking and I’m still in the middle on defoliating now but I have been removing those for the most part. I’ll have to give it another run through when I get home.

14. Day 75
    41F

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Day 78
    44F

Attached Files:

16. Day 82
    48F

Attached Files:

17. How big is the smile on your face every time you open that tent each day?
    Looking awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Haha yeah it brings me some joy especially when I think back to my last grow compared to this one.

I do believe I might have a Manganese deficiency.. just going based off of a plant sickness chart but leaves are yellowing which I know is normal on its own but they’re developing brown spots all over them. I’m not really concerned, but I’d like to at least narrow down what it may be. I’ll post a picture of the leaf up close later on maybe you’ll see something you’d recognize.

19. Sounds like mag. Shoot me a pic and I'll let you know what I think.

• Like Like x 1