Second Grow in the makings

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by SwirlyMcToke, Feb 11, 2009.

1. What's up GC. So i had a relatively successful season last summer, and i'm beginning to get excited for the upcoming season. I learned a lot, and can't wait to see how much better i can do this time around. I ended up harvesting 4 plants (1 of them early), for a total of about 1.5oz...not the highest yield, but it was my first season and i transplanted a little late.
    I also had a bad run-in with mold towards the end of the season, forcing me to harvest one early (lost about half of plant to mold). I saved the other three...but definetly lost some weight due to mold. I was also dodging frost at the end of the season..because my plants were late bloomers, and i live pretty far north.
    The cause of most of these problems was that I leave for school in late august..and it is hard for me to routinely check on my babies. Hence..the mold issue.

So, first things first, i need to find a strain that is an early finisher..and mold resistant. My first goal is avoiding that nasty powdery mildew. I've read that Durban Poison is an early finisher, and well suited for outdoor ops. How about its mold resistance? Any strains inparticular you would suggest?

I'll leave it at that for now..