Second Grow in my closet

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by BettyBud, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Hey everybody!

This will be my first but not last grow journal. I really enjoy reading other people's experiences and will share my second grow with you. And don't worry, I WILL post the dry weight at the end :)

I will post a new update every weekend, but will stay in contact with you guys the whole time as I downloaded the app! Hoping to get some tips from you guys, as it is my second grow and nobody ever explained me how to actually grow a plant. With plant I mean any plant as I just started with uni.. Here is a picture of my old harvest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did this grow with only using a 400w HPS and nutrients from atami. I measured and adjusted the PH but had problems with that throughout the grow as it broke and at the beginning I did not even think about PH :D But let's not get caught up with that grow now. If you have questions message me!

so let's start with the second run!

To begin with I bought a new bulb. 250 Watt CFL from agrolite that has a 6.5K light spectrum. The soil I am using is from atami. A kilomix that has perlite and coco mixed in it plus nutrients for a week or two I suppose. For venting I am using a big fan that blows air directly from my window into the closet.. I open it once a day usually to get fresh air inside. And lastly the seeds are pineapple chunk seeds, a hybrid from bulk seeds (my first grow was jack herer) Here a picture to get a better idea of everything!

[​IMG]

As far as dimensions go the space is 2 wide x 2 long x 8 high in foot ( 1 foot is roughly 30 cm for u europeans ) the distance from the seedling ( I'm in day 4 from seed ) to the CFL bulb is about 7 inches. The first day where the seedling came out of the earth the HPS was still running, which is why they are a tiny bit stretched.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't want to make you read so much, but lastly the closet is painted in plain white, which I believe is good for reflection. I know that the slit is bad, but I haven't found a solution for this yet. Once the plants get bigger towards flowering I close the closet when they go to sleep and ventilate with small fans inside and use the carbon filter to push the air out at the top.

Very keen on your thoughts! :) If you have any questions go right ahead.

Happy growing!

- Imagine a World in Peace -

• Like Like x 2
  2. #2 BettyBud, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2016
    Sorry for the confusing writing style guys :) This is my first ever forum post and I did not even proof read it.. I just wanted to add that the temperature at night is between 62-66 (17-19 degrees) and at day around 68- 71 (20-22 degrees). The humidity level is around 45%. I also didn't mention that I will grow 4 plants and have to finish by May 3rd. That means I will probably flower in 20 days in order to dry them, curing them a bit and then being able to bring some home so I can toke in my holidays :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks like a good time! Happy growing!

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

4. Thank you Blaze!

5. Do you know the strain? Sativa or Indica?

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

6. Subbed up, look forward to seeing your grow go down. I'm currently on my second real attempt. Technically my third but I had to chop my last plants because I was moving and I let them get too pot bound sooo. But Here's a garden shot of mine, I'm currently working on an upgrade to makings a separate space to flower in so I can grow perpetually. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-S820L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pineapple chunk! It is a sativa indica hybrid, more indica though I think. My last Grow (which was my first ever grow) was with a sativa, but it turned out a bit airy. Hoping to get better results with in indica as I heard it is easier to grow? The seed bank is bulk seeds!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Looks nice! How far are you in your grow? Are u making a journal? Thanks for subbing :)

9. Hey guys I didn't think that I would make an update that fast. Just wanted to tell you that I learned yesterday that the CFL's light is not useful beyond 8 inches. So I put the light to like 6 inches from the plant before sleeping. 4 hours of light and they grew like crazy! Here some pictures to compare it to yesterday. I will also try to let you guys know everything I learned new apart from what you guys teach me over time. I know many people might know these things already, but I'm trying to be as informative as possible to help new growers that might read this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. I'm about a month in veg or so I didn't really keep track this time. And I got a journal up called rasta_kid420s first indoor closet grow. I plan on making a new one soon with the coming perpetual set up

Sent from my SM-S820L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. What do others think about the setup? Should I get white reflective sheets from the shop?

12. Looks great that's a monster light lol. dark tape can be shaped to make a lightproof seal, white seems to reflect enough, looking forward to reading

13. Hey guys, so as promised I will give an update today :) I managed to get my closet to close while still getting enough fresh air inside and keeping the temps at the right level. Here are some pictures of how they look now!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you guys think! I was debating about starting to give them nutes!? The soil does have nutes however they seem like they could grow a tiny bit faster in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I honestly say hold the nutes. We all want our plants to grow faster but at that age you can risk burning them which will not make them grow quicker. I personally wait for my plants to tell me their hungry, ie. Slight yellowing of lower leaves but If I see that happen they get fed next watering. Usually 2-3 weeks from seed is a good time to feed them. Hope this helps.
    -Rasta

Come chill at my Temple
    https://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1397542-rastas-temple.html
    My first journal
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1360689-rasta_kid420's-First-Indoor-Closet-Grow

15. Thanks rasta!

16. Hey guys, I just made a couple of new pictures! Do you think they will be alright to top in a couple of days? I only want to have 2 main colas per plant and want to flower in about 2 weeks also let me know how big urs have gotten by now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  17. #17 BettyBud, Mar 3, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016

18. They look nice betty, i'm on my second grow too. I waited till the 6th node to start topping on most of my plants last time but i did one at 4 and it was fine. Subbed up, have a bunch of pineapple chunk seeds sitting here and one i just dropped. Looking forward to seeing your babies grow up. :love-m3j:

19. nice plants you have there. A couple more of those your plants will flower nice I guarantee!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Im gonna tag along on your grow!. Make your grow plan and stick to it as hard as it is try not to mess with it and watch the hand oils left from touching! Wash up before touching! LITFA.... Leave it the fuck alone, if your touching its stressing!! Get a calendar and write all your shit there.write everything down I promise itll help keep track of EVERYTHING!! Last but not least its to easy to over water, let her dry!! I highly recommend 24/0 lights until ready to flower. Then put they plants under 48 hours total darkness, then 12/12! The plants love it!

• Like Like x 1