Second grow, first time from seed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sethd513, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Week 3 veg

IMG_1474.jpg

Got the outdoors under the veg light. 4000k hlg 2-qb288 on high 18” above the plants. I want to keep nice tight spacing but hopefully they will do fine at this height. I can move them down to 14” and turn down the driver as it’s on high. Set the heat mat to 78 and utilizing the prob as air temp at the leafs. We’ll see fingers crossed

Almost forgot. Watered them last night with ocean solution along with the micro greens. 850ppm

30ml ocean solution per 2.5gallons of water.

Ocean solution is 2-0-3 check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Week 4 nute burn I mean veg....

Oops. Should of stuck to my guns but now I know. They aren’t dead yet. This has taught me a few things. These plants were growing so good. I bet they would be twice the size if I left them alone. But hey you live and you learn. They all got topped except one got a lolly pop we’ll see

[​IMG]

3. Im the same mate. Day 1 to me is when the seedling is rooted up and ready for transplant. day 14, 4 nodes tall.
    Wouldnt count a clone grow from when you chopped so...

4. I wonder if the “nute burn” isn’t that bad and these need to be transplanted. The topping perked them up yesterday but now today nothing major. Next step was going to be 3 gallon pots

5. [​IMG]

Hair cut and a transplant. Super pot bound. Guess I dropped the ball on that. Should be transplanting I’d I’m seeing deficiencies or issues. Not adding some nutes. M3 is great.

The small ones are going to my father. He wants them in the ground. Bought him maybe another week or two. Mine will go either into 10 gallon to finish or a raised bed. Not sure yet.

6. silly question but are you only watering around the outer portion of the pot? my air pots equired that i maintain 90% of my watering at the circum

7. there is no way those are pot bound unless you havnt schooled me yet.

8. Well they aren’t anymore, they looked like a Walmart hanging basket coming out of the 4” pots. The big ones are 3 gallon fabric. Smalls are 5” and 8”. Took a good chunk of leafs off them.

9. So considered yourself schooled. Hahaha I knew I should of taken a picture. To much live badder in my head to think that straight.

10. Can anyone help with this question...

...when the time comes to put these outdoors how does transplanting work? These will go outside in 4 weeks I’m assuming. Can I up pot from my 3 gallon to a 20 gallon to let them finish up outside? Or should I only up pot to a 10 gallon? I usually do extra nutes a week before flower so I’m hoping my transplant will be the same idea? I don’t have room in my veg area for 20 gallon pots with the height. Any thoughts?

11. Week 5 veg

[​IMG]

Mammoth p and m3 all day baby. Maybe some recharge in their future. Just hit the light to 100% so we’ll see how they do.

12. Weeks 6 veg

Starting week 6 veg today with a hair cut and some recharge. Having some weird spots on the leafs so hopefully recharge is the ticket to get it back to normal. Earlier in the week hit them with some micoriza in the water as well and I’ve actually has to defol twice this week. I only take a little. They like it and pop right up. These will be outside in either a week or two.

[​IMG]

13. [​IMG]

Not sure what’s going on. Also not to worries either. Only one plant has it

14. [​IMG]

Part of me thinks that giving these the full dose of michoriza last week then a dose of recharge today was just to much. Good to know as this grow is teaching me a lot. I’m experimenting to see what I can push where. I have seedlings going in seed starter and nitrogen rich soil to see which grows better or faster till transplant. My first grow went great. I know what I did. This time I just don’t care because nothing owes me anything. We’ll see. Hopefully they bounce back but now I know.

15. Back to 100% on the light. Leaf issue started going away.

16. Week 7 veg

Early post but transplanted into 25s and put them outside. They will get direct sunlight from about 1230-630 right now. We’ll see how they do. They look short but they are very strong. Hopefully can put up a trellis next weekend to start bending them out and stretching them to the sky.

I’m assming they may veg another 2-3 weeks then start to flower on the summer solstice? I’m hoping they’ll get to the top of the fence. I’m going to try to utilize my indoor technique to have minimal trimming on the harvest. I kinda wanted to freeze everything here. Not showing signs of sex yet.

Oh soil is 2-1 m3 to coast of Maine raised bed mix and I put black gold natural and organic nitrogen soil on top(I use it for my micro greens) In hopes of protecting the soil below it from the hot sun. We’ll see.

[​IMG]

17. Thinking a little lst will help. These things are pretty tight as is. I guess I don’t want them to just grow wild because on my indoor grow training them the way I did lead to what felt like a lot of work. So we’ll see what happens with these.

[​IMG]

18. Week 8 veg

Still no real signs of sex. The plants are getting very stretchy though. Different for sure from growing indoors. The only place I can put them to not have to move them when I mow or aren’t in the way they are getting 6-6.5 full hours of sun. Any thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Week 9 veg

Took some clones. Maybe I’ll flower them early to tell sex. Not sure. Practicing. [​IMG]

20. Week 10 veg

Idk. Not sure when they will switch naturally. Would like to flip them so I know they finish but kind of thinking If I have no white hairs mid July I might cover them up for a day.

IMG_1785.jpg