Second grow (first failed)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bluntstilthedayidie, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Hello everybody. Been lurking the forums for years as a non member and now as a member haha. I just started my second indoor grow.Last year was my first , i germinated 3 seeds and they all cracked and had them each in a solo cup under a couple cfls inside a huge speaker. Sort of a stealth/micro grow.I got it about a month and than the leaves curled in and she died . I think to much heat along with stress from transplant ( I ripped some roots on accident). Sorry for the long post. Anyhow I gave up but recently found a seed in the medical I was smoking . Yes , I got high quality medical marijuana with a seed in it ( rare?). Anyhow , it's about a week old today and I figured I should start a grow journal so this one doesn't die as everyone on here is very knowledgeable. Thanks! Excited .

Old Versace shades and some OG jays

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sounds great dude!

Give us the rundown on your soil, lights, nutrients and anything else you are using.

3. Me Too.. I just started a paper towel germination and we shall see. My 2 seeds were dark brown from a Medical grade Strain (Acapulco Gold) and NOT squishy. I am curious before I order a few Seedbank seeds. I have gotten dizzy looking at seedbanks and different grow tents..

4. If you can't decide on a seedbank, the just go with TheAttitude. I've personally ordered from them 7 times and only had 1 package seized. After the proper wait time, they reshipped and I received it with no problems.

5. Yeah, I just tried them and their CC online is not working...Seedsman will not accept any Visa as having the correct #! These guys suck...

6. Unfortunately do not remember the strain name. Using organic soil don't know name right now I'm not home , will update later

7. Old Versace shades and some OG jays

8. [​IMG]
    Here's a picture of it

9. [​IMG]
    And my soil as requested.. she looks good right now in my opinion. Been above ground about a week at this point

10. She's under one cfl right now about 5 inches away to keep her small . When's a good time to top a micro grow?

11. I know very little but, "enriched with Burpee plant food:" sounds like a no-no???

12. Why ? What can I get from Menards that would be better? Any help is appreciated. Don't wanna waste this medical seed hah.

13. [​IMG]

14. As I said I am very new to this. The information (here on GC), was not in favor of this type of product. Search for (Miracle Grow soil), Had I not read about it here...I would have gone the same route. If you are good, somewhere I saw instructions on mixing your own Supersoil.

15. I think the bad will strike shortly from my reading. (as in nute burn)

16. So carefully transplant it into miracle grow asap?

17. I hope you are kidding...DEFINITELY no MG..I used $5 a 5lb bag of organic starter soil (nute free) in cheapo Jiffy peat cups after germination...When I transplant the $10 seeds, FFox Farm will be used. This was cheaper locally ($12 for 1.5 CF)

BTW: protect those good seeds and treat properly...Predictions are for increased demand and prices due to more legalized states + the Trump position, whatever it is! I resisted the urge to buy more ($$) (and will try cloning instead)

18. Never use miracle grow. It's not going to cut it. Unless you live near a big box store that happens to carry stuff like coco, worm castings, kelp extract, etc...stay away from big brand soils like miracle grow and burpee. I'm not saying it won't work but, if your going that route you may as well go get some dirt cheap Mexican swag somewhere because that's about the quality you'll grow...

19. Can you recommend something at Menards?

20. Try to find coco coir I've seen that at a lot of box stores. If you can't. Just stay away from anything that's over fertilized or slow release. Then buy some basic nutes like like a three part grow micro bloom