Second grow coming up, Coco or soil??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Slammer, Sep 13, 2017.

1. What's up folks, just finished up with my first grow. Think it turned out great. Grew some Chem City Blues from Mephisto Genetics. Grew it in FFOF. Now for my second grow I'm thinking about switching from soil to Coco. Now I just would like to hear some opinions and maybe get some tips. Really looking into ordering some Canna Coco. Just need some info! Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Go with nutrifields 70% coco/30% perlite and use the heavy 16 nute line-up you'll poops yourself.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Coco seems like too much work in my opinion. Constant watering and feeding. Not to mention the ridiculous costs of all the nutrients you will be adding.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

4. Anywhere to order that online that you know of??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Go to nutrifield and they have a little search bar that finds local stores that carry it for you just call the store before hand and double check. As for the nutes a guy at my hydro shop turned me on to them and they have the same setup on their website. But believe me man whether i feed everyday or every other day ans give a dry day in between my plants just explode ive never felt this good with growing you know. Definitely worth a check man you get out what you put in my time and patience are gonna pay off real nicely.

6. [​IMG]

Like over half my fan leafs are almost the size of my face one month into veg. Can't wait to flower these monsters.

7. Some people look at it like a hobby and enjoy spending time caring for them. I guess if you used all of those expensive and unnecessary additives it would be costly, but I don't use them and my nutrient cost is only $0.11 per gallon. I don't consider that ridiculous - especially if you can yield over a pound from a couple of plants. To the OP - Any grow method can be productive if done properly. I grow in coco and wouldn't grow any other way. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ok lol. It is definitely fun. But a lot of ppl don't don't have the time when you have a job working long hours. Besides, he asked for other ppls opinions. Why don't you tell him your secret 11 cent ingredient?

9. You could also tell him which of the expensive gimmicks to stay away from as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I love coco. I grew with ffof and kept getting gnats. They drove me crazy. I since switched to compressed coco and haven't looked back.

11. Do I detect a bit of sarcasm? The KISS method - 7 grams of MaxiBloom per gallon of tap water. I have a thread in the hydroponics/coco coir section that explains it.
    I gave the OP my opinion about his question regarding coco.

• Like Like x 2
  12. If it's just between coco and ffof, I always choose ffof, and that simply because I don't need to water / feed as often when using ffof. For example during my last grow, the first 28 days, they got a 1/2 cup of water right at their base every 4 days, then when I put them into bigger pots, they got a cup of water right at their base every 4 days. I did that till day 60, then when I switched them over to flower, they got drenched, 5 gallons of water / feed in each 7 gallon pot. Then I did the same thing every time they got totally dry, first time took 6 - 8 days, second time third time, the same 6 - 8 day, the fourth time they dried out in 5 - 7 days, the fifth time, it was every 4 - 5 days, and stayed that way for 4 more watering's / feedings, then it went down to 3 days, at that time I just drench them with 3 gallons of water / feed every 3rd day until they were 2 weeks from being finished, then during those last 2 weeks they got just 1 gallon water a day. If I used coco, I would have to water / feed 3 x more times, and no that's not just me guessing, as I have been there and done that many times and it's just to much work when you have 10 - 20 plants going at once. As a side note... when I water, I feed every time I water, and all my cloth pots are on a raised screen so all run-off water / feed drains out and then it is pumped out to small holding buckets that I then manual drain after checking all my level, ie; pH, nutrient ppm level.

• Like Like x 2