Second Grow! 5 Strains!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by sourjello73, Mar 29, 2012.

1. I was going to flower when they hit the half way mark. That is the wood beam that goes across the walls of my grow cab exactly have way up. They are about 6-8 inches away, but I also have to take the light into consideration. AND I can't flower till I make sure that that shit's light tight.. considering I built it and I'm no carpenter..
    You think they'll double in height?

2. It really depends on the strain. My jacks did, maybe even more than double. But the critical plus only stretched abour 5-6 inches.

3. If they get to tall just supercrop them. Snap them bitches necks.

4. True that. I saw how much your jacks stretched haha. It's really an indica / sativa thing. I'll do some research on my strains and talk to the guy that gave me the clones.

And what the fuck supercropping are you referring to? I've looked it up a billion times and theres a billion different definitions.. Please elaborate. haha

5. I most definitely have room... And you can see how freakin branchy my plants are

Attached Files:

6. Id flip em soon. And supercropping is where you bend or twist a branch so the inside snaps and the outside stays in tact.

7. #27 sourjello73, May 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2012
    they're about 1/3rd of the way up to their maximum space. To the left you can see the wood beam I mentioned is the half way point, the bottom of the light's reflector is almost exactly the same height. The White Rhino (back left, orange pot) being the tallest is about 5 or 6 inches under it.

I'd say at least another 3 weeks or so till I flip and I'll be fine. Thinking about going to 18/6 within the next couple of days.. but I gotta make it light tight, that's my only problem.

And okay. I've already tried doing that with a couple branches.. Don't really notice a difference other than a knot a few days after I did it. Whats its supposed to do? Suppress vertical growth?

8. yup and that knot actually helps get nutrients to the buds. and it will cause the other parts of the plant to grow more while its recovering.

9. Been drowning the bitches in the neem oil I got today (Yeah did I mention I have awful spider mites?). Switched to 18/6. Their first night started 2 hours ago at 1:45. Anything else that will help with the spider mite infestation other than the neem oil?

10. Wow, thats whats up, thank you. I just put that in my amazon cart lmao I'll probably put the order through tomorrow. (I do so much online shopping.....)

The neem oil gives the leaves that shine, they actually look healthier like that. They're starting to smell too. The plants that is. :rolleyes:

11. Here they are!

...basking in their shiny neem oil glory.

Attached Files:

12. Looking good.

13. #34 sourjello73, May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
    Ok. If I were to start flowering. 5 days from now. Under a 400w hps and about 150w of cfl's. Take a wild guess. Judging by the photographs, what do you think my yield potential is. Would I be able to squeeze 6 oz's? I need at least 4 ounces...

Edit:
    Pictures

Attached Files:

14. Anyone? Considering doing it tomorrow! Is it too early??

15. Id say its still a bit early. You wouldnt like my guess either haha i always guess low.

16. #37 sourjello73, May 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2012
    I have to agree with you. I'm really pushin it on time, and soon enough I'll start to be pushin it with space. I can't saee anything more than an ounce off these plants. I guess I have to wait it out a couple more weeks. We'll see how 18/6 goes and plan for making the switch on May 26th.

Edit (sorry im wasted):
    It's just that the person who gave me most of the clones. HJad started flowering at about3 and a half feet from floor to top of plant, and by the end of flower, his plants were growing into the lights in his 6'6" grow tent! Literally! He lost about 6 grams due to the lights burning the top colas, he had to cut that shit off. I dont want that to happen to me. Even though I can modify my ghetto ass homemade cab, I dont have the light to grow huge plants. I have 400w and a bunch of cfls but thats it. Idk I'll see where they're at in another week. Like I said I need at least 4..... 5 ounces.

17. Yeah it really depends on how much they'll stretch after the flip. Ask the grower you got the clones from. My jack herer grew about 1.5-2 feet after the flip.

18. #39 Sticky b, May 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2012
    Space can be dealt with. You can supercrop as you need to control height.

Edit.
    I'd say flip em any time bro. You'll prolly get about an oz maybe a little more per plant. Well off the bigger ones at least.

I just harvested 5 girls that were in 3 gal smartpots and got 2 1/2 oz. But they were from clone and only had a two week veg time.

They were about a foot tall when i flipped them. So an avg of 1/2 oz per.
    These were just extra plants I did cause I had room and didn't want to toss the clones.
    Yours look bigger than mine were so....

19. Thanks for the confidence gentlemen. I need to be patient though.

Is 75F, 50% humidity okay?