Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Second bad trip on weed, still feeling effects (3 days after)?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dks, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Hi everyone! I'm by no means a marijuana user. I have smoked maybe 4 times and had edibles one time.

The last time I smoked, I had a terrible trip and a panic attack. The next day, I was fine. It went away and I didn't smoke for about 3 months. I had a couple of edibles on Thursday. I had 22mg of THC in one and half of a 23mg of THC one. I know I have pretty low tolerance but when I ate the first edible, I was okay and waited about two hours before eating half of the other edible. After an hour or so, I had a bad trip, the one where you feel like you're in a movie and your vision splits, your hands are cold and you can't really focus.

Anyway. I went home and thought sleeping it off would be the solution but it wasn't. I woke up, still feeling trippy, so I called in sick to work. The next day, I went to work but I began to feel depersonalized. I didn't freak out because I knew what it was, but I felt like I was staring at people for ages and was often confused by their orders.

After work, I started to research and found tons of posts of people saying that a bad trip from weed has sent them into a spiral of depersonalization, some even DEVELOPING A DEPERSONALIZATION DISORDER?! This scares me so much. Please help me and let me know if anyone's experienced this and how long it takes to wear off.

It might be worth mentioning that I dealt with anxiety and depression for a long time and I still have anxiety; depression lingers on slightly. I also experience a low level of depersonalization but never like this. I felt slightly depersonalized before eating the cookies as well.

2. Chill out you are over thinking this. Just smoke a little here and there to get used to it. If you get too high yes depersonalization can occur (had to google that word) it is not going to be permanent and will go away when the high settles down. Next time you smoke only take a hit or two and you will be fine, work your way up to keeping up with your friends.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm going to ask the obvious question - Why continue smoking or using weed, if it makes you feel so de-personalized?

As much as some people are helped by using marijuana, it isn't for everyone. It could be triggering some latent psychological issue you have to deal with first. You may have to lay off forever, because most people who have a bad edible experience do return to normal after 24 hrs.

You had at least 33 mg in your system which for a newbie is a lot. For example, I have been medicating with edibles for 5 years almost daily and I only take around 10-20 mg at a time. You should probably start out at 10-15 mg. It could be a matter of dosage, or you just shouldn't do weed at ALL.

4. I learned my lesson. I thought that edibles would be a better idea than smoking it but it turned out to be worse... I didn't know how to measure it. I'm getting rid of the rest of the edibles and never using again, that's for sure. I'm too panicky to ever use again. I'm just scared that what I've read is true and I'll stay feeling depersonalized for a long time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Dude you are simply over thinking it. Try it like I said, only a hit or two and you will be good. Don't let a couple bad experiences sway you from this magnificent herb. You just underestimated it and got too high.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Shouldn't I wait until the feeling goes away to try again? I'm a really paranoid person, so I'm afraid it'll happen again and my paranoia of it happening will make it happen again. Vicious cycle...

7. Yes wait till you feel level headed again, just don't try to keep up with your friends or let them pressure you into getting too high again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. days later... still feeling like this

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. This doesn't sound normal man. I have been smoking for over 15 years and too much edible still wakes me up out of my sleep to be sick (4 space cakes in Amsterdam was the most recent episode). You just ate too much :) dont worry. Eat half of one of your edibles and dont eat more and see how you go as eating it takes longer to hit you and in my experience seems like a cumulative effect when eaten big time.

10. Hey Dude!!! Please tell me how you are now. I’m going through the same exact situation. Edibles/ bad trip/ side effects of depersonalization and blurry ness days later......PLEASE tell me it cleared up.

Are you okay now like fully recovered. I feel fine some moments then others I feel anxiety because I don’t feel fully myself and it’s an endless cycle.

It’s been 3 days and I want to know if I’m okay or if I need to see the doctor or something.

Please tell me how it worked out for you

Hey

11. Iv had a friend who had blood pressure problem. Smoking made his blood pressure drop tremendously and started tripping i guess from lack of blood to the brain. Shortly after he fell out.. Was cold to the touch and was white as a ghost. So i called 911. A week later we smoked again and the same thing happened . never will he smoke with me again. The man almost died twice.. Lol

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. He greened out, hardly a near death occasion.

:smoke:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha............ Ha

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I used to have this exact problem. The trick for me was obvious. Just don't smoke as much. Unlike most people here...I'm a lightweight and I can't smoke too much at once or else I start freaking out from being uncomfortably high. So I started off only taking one hit per session. Got myself a little bit high only to get used to the effects. Then gradually worked my way up to two hits, three hits, and so on. Once I got used to the feeling little by little, the paranoia and panic attacks disappeared. I'd also recommend taking a hit, waiting 30-60 minutes, take another hit, etc until you reach a comfortable level. Usually the panic issue is always a result of smoking wayyy too much all at once. I also wouldn't recommend edibles for someone just starting out, as the THC hits you way harder than you might be used to. Best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hey!! I just had the same thing. Please tell me how it worked out for you now that its been a while. Thanks

16. After about a week and a half it cleared up don’t worry bro it was very scary for me and I learned my lesson but yes it will clear up for you don’t think you’re broken you just got a calm down because I remember when I kept overthinking it my heart would get fast pace and anxiety would come back but now I’m fully healed

17. When this happens just relax and realize whats going on, be calm and start consuming sugar to help you level out. Happens from time to time with me, i get "cold shakes" also, same principle just realize you are a bit too high but everythings fine and gonna pass in 10min

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Lucky for OP ppl expect bad service from fast food workers