Second attempt is making me sad...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by grateful33, Apr 26, 2006.

1. On my second attempt at growing I changed a ton of things. I got better soil (organic potting mixed with vermiculite, sphagnum moss and a little blood meal), better lights (2 75 watt cfls and 2 75 watt warm white flouros [although I have a hps ballast on order]) and a better closet setup. So I germinated a few seeds and I got 2 nice seedlings. I kept them icovered with saran wrap to keep in the moisture until they sprouted thier first leaves. The first fan leaves not the round ones. After I took them out of the wrap I had them under the lights for a day or so and both had dried up. The soil in the pot was moist but not overwatered, the temp in the closet was at 72 degrees and the plants were at 4 inches from the lights. I have 6 more seeds that are germinating and I don't want to screw any more up. I am getting a little frustrated because I am reading and reading and I can't quite figure out the foolproof way of growing this buggers. So maybe I could get a little help or at least some encouragement. Thanks.

:confused:

2. I germ in a closed little box with moistened cotton. Normaly 2-5 days until the pop. Last time i planted them almost right away and that wasnt the smartest move judging for the stall that the plant entered for the next days.

Sounds what you did is what im planing to do next time, wait untile the first 2 real leaves come out, let them get big and/or let the second node show, then transplant.

Go get some weed, smoke a few joints, collect the seeds and try to germ 10 or 20, try to make it a scientific approach. Practice makes perfect and im way far from it, aint we all??

Currently on my first grow
    4x39 daylight Osram Fluoros hung up in chains, some old school twist, jeje.
    4 Indicas
    6 Sativas
    .5 g/L of "triple 17 plus" (17-17-17 N-P-K and some micrconutes)
    .5 g/L of "nutriflor" (15-30-15 N-P-K)
    35 days 12-12

3. Hey man.
    Maybe they were to close to the lights. Don't give up. You will get the hang of it. Just be patient and keep practicing.