Second Attempt at growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DeeCipher, Jun 23, 2011.

1. So after about 2 months growing one plant as practice, I learned a lot. I decided to start up again with three seeds I had left. I believe the strand is called Purple Power. I got them from Marijuana-seeds.nl

Not sure if its a reputable site but I had never ordered before so I just googled and used the first site i could use.

My first plant turned out to be a male. So it was tossed. I bought more FoxFarm Ocean Forest Soil, a small temporary "greenhouse" and began germinating.

3 days after wards I had my seedlings. I was working real late and weird nights so I almost killed them by leaving them too long in humidity. The cotelydon leaves began to turn yellow and wrinkly. I quickly transfered them to solo cups as soon as I saw this. Thought they would die. I placed them under light and didnt show any growth for two days. I was giving up on them and then all of a sudden they all sprouted their first real leaves. I let them go and they kept going. It has been two and a half weeks now.

My girl decided to name them to keep track of them.

Meet Charlotte:
    IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg

LOLA:
    IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg

MIA:
    IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg

They were transferred two days ago into these pots. They are looking so healthy. They've been through a whole lot. We had a power outae that deprived them of light for almost 2 hours. Lucky for me, I had a generator that I was able to run for 4 hours until power cma back on.

I have a real good feeling about these three. They are under almost 250watts of cfls at 6500K . 18 hrs on and 6 off..

What do you guys think? any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced!

2. Wow they are looking great considering the setbacks you described. More than enough CFL wattage, too often on here (including myself) people are barely skating by with enough watts.

3. Yeah, they went through a lot. I had a lot of bulbs to spare from my last grow so I decided to use them all of these plants to ensure good lighting.

4. Nice set up! I like it!

So an update. As if these plants didn't go through enough, I almost killed them. I sprayed some insecticide and killed all their leaves. I know, I'm an idiot for not paying attention or ready on it. I acted pretty quick. I had flies all over it and so I acted quick.

I burned all their leaves. I almost gave up and started over again. But while waiting for funds to do so I figured I would keep the lights on and keep watering them. Mia and Charlotte sprouted back! They are growing again and look very good! I'll post pictures of them, but it shocked me to see how fast they bounced back. One of them us def dead but 2 out of 3 is not bad at all.