Second attempt at germination...help?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Seminary_Smoker17, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Hello everyone!

I consider myself a fairly seasoned smoker, but this is my second time attempting to grow my own indoor plants from scratch. Allow me to explain:

My first attempt was an utter failure. I tried germinating about 15 White Widow bag seeds (not the best method, I know) using the paper towel method and they ended up molding almost immediately. I followed online instructions to a T (dark, warm place, keeping the paper towel wet, etc.) and nothing.

I have a friend who's selling me five feminized Limoncello Haze seeds, and I don't want to mess it up again. Will I have better luck with feminized seeds? Or is there a better method for germination?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm still new to growing so feel free to share tips/advice about growing, vegetating, flowering, etc. as well

Thanks again, and God bless.

2. Paper towel method is great way . Sounds like the paper towel was too wet what I do is wet the paper towel , squeeze out the water put in seed and put in a ziploc bag in a warm not hot place and within 18hrs I have a taproot with fresh seeds

• Like Like x 1
  3. Another thread about germination problems in a paper towel - just plant the seeds. I use rapid rooters.
    rapid rooters.png

• Like Like x 3
  4. I use a damp sponge until it crack open or I do paper towel method wow how did all mold that fast

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I've seen other people swear by this over germination. Makes sense, and it seems more natural...

6. No clue; I don't think I kept them too damp. By day three the smell was awful though. I gave them a few more days but ended up chucking then.

7. I know that some people swear by it, but I never understood why people germinate their seeds in a paper towel - too many things can go awry. I have 98% germination rate in rapid rooters.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I might have to give that a try with these new seeds. Thanks for the help!

9. My first 4 I put in warm water for about 18hr till root showed or seesnxraxkes and thrn in damp paper towel warm in plastic bag. All has a half inch root after 24hr.

10. Used to use the paper towel method, then switched to a 24 hr soak..When the seeds fill up w/ water, they drop to the bottom of the water cup...Then they go straight into the soil..

• Like Like x 1
  11. I did the same for my last few. Got results from root roit.

Hope you have better luck. Maybe pay for seeds after germination

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

12. I like dirt.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

13. I stick them in peat pots with potting soil... 1/2" deep. Water them, put them on a heating pad and in 2 days... plants IMG_3151.JPG

14. All right, so as some of you have said, it sounds like there's too many things that could go wrong with germination. I'd hate to risk it again with better quality seeds, so I'm going to try this method:

1. 24 hour soak
    2. Wait for seeds to sink
    3. Place seeds in Rapid Rooters

Would this minimize any risk?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Perfect. Good Luck!

16. Thanks for the help! Will be sure to share updates.