SEC to file charges against Fannie Mae/Freddie Mae with fraud... Civil charges only

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TomN, Dec 17, 2011.

1. The securities and exchange commission is a joke.
    They've done nothing but let huge companies get away with lucrative crimes.

Seriously, what is a fine of a couple hundred thousand dollars against making hundreds of millions. It sure as hell isn't a deterrent.

And then, the SEC will destroy the evidence following 'their rules'.

I liked John F Kennedy... but his father was a prick.

[​IMG]
    He designed it so you can make your money and then pay for your crimes with the chump change and fallout patsy you picked up while committing the crime.

I don't know what I want out of this thread, other than to vent my frustration.

Imagine if we treated these crooked fucks like this guy

[​IMG]

:devious:

2. They can still charge them in a criminal court. Idk wtf they would destroy evidence though.

3. :mad::mad::mad:

4. In China the bankers who have been stealing our money would be sentenced to death. I'm not joking. There have been a few cases in China similar to the stuff that happens here with MF Global, etc, and the owners get imprisoned or executed quite often.

5. I might be wrong but I thought the SEC only had powers to file civil charges but will assist other law enforcement agencies in filing criminal charges?

6. That's right!
    Have you ever noticed how often a 'scandal' comes across the desks of the SEC and gets buried there in civil charges. It keeps the consequences in small dollar amounts and is set up to be a public slap on the wrist.

7. Well, I just had fun looking at their business laws and regulation...

I'm lying.
    I googled it, gave it a 10 second glance and started typing this.
    I will be looking at it later. I would love to draft an american copy and start a new era of business practices here.

I do wonder how we could change this set up, short of going Chinese on these criminals with or without new regulations.

8. I vote for going 'Chinese' on these criminals :cool: :smoke:

9. Or go Vlad on their asses

[​IMG]
    :hello: