Seasoned Tokers: Check out my bedroom studio

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by sw93, Feb 16, 2011.

1. The picture's attached. Hooked everything up today and I'm pretty proud of it... and stoked :D

Smoking and making beats has become my new favorite hobby - it took me a while to become proficient at the skills I need to play and record different styles and ideas, but lately I feel like I've been flowing really well.

Blazed as hell right now and composing a nice one :smoke:

Just wanted to share :)

Attached Files:

2. never got into that kinda stuff. now THIS is a studio

[​IMG]

3. Good shit man! You like to play on your own, in a band, or both? I'd love to play physical instruments and have in the past, and actually excelled at the trumpet but that was back through middle school. Part of the reason I love this sort of music making is I can tweak every little aspect of what I'm doing, and can craft a sound from the ground up.

I'm admiring though :cool:

4. mostly by myself. every time i try and get a band together they either are not dedicated enough to it, or they say there good at an instrument and than it turns out they suck.

5. Nice. There's definitely a certain reward to making or playing songs by yourself

6. Not to sound like a dick, but neither of those pictures posted are really a studio....Jam space, yes?
    Good to hear your enjoying it all though! I'm in the engineering/production field myself so if you need any tips or tricks of the trade I'd be more then happy to help :p

7. you got a lot of pencils, man..

i should get a mug with pencils in it, i always lose mine. sucks.

8. this is my home rig, there's more to the right but camera only shows so much ha.

work in a high end studio full time :)

also in a few weeks time all the gear i've purchase will arrive, all the snakes will be ran and itll be alot more tidy and complete

Attached Files:

9. Nice man! Mixing on the NS-10's I see, make it sound good on those and it'll sound great on any set of speakers :smoke:

10. That shits dope man. i need to get something like that. fahk.

Op; i have a set up like yours. i haven't used it in a while though. i was running like 2 laptops & 2 monitors with a desktop with mine. & 2 midi controllers. back when i was making some heat though. now i just bum around on the laptop.

11. Sounds hot man. If you have a solid grasp on what you're doing some simple hard hitting drums and melodies are pretty easy to put together into a solid ensemble, I bet you must've had a crazy amount of sound right at your fingers.

True, and I'm well aware :p. Still, It's a dedicated space with DAW's, midi controllers and virtual instruments I can use to compose almost any genre of music - The key is bedroom studio. And the rig also lends itself awesomely to CAD, architecture drafting, 3D modeling or any other form of design I find myself caught up in. Definitely a studio in more forms than one. And I'm subbed to this thread, you may find me taking you up on your offer in the future.

Definitely, preferable a big DEEP one with some serious capacity. Any self respecting designer needs a fully stocked collection at all times ;)

Absolutely sexy man... trying not to be jealous but it's damn hard with something so beautiful right in front of me :yummy:

Do you work for a big record label? What sort of production/recording are you most involved in? I could potentially see myself there years down the road.

12. looks nice sw, i've got an m-audio keyboard as well, just a 24 key one tho, the old old old oxygen model.

used to get baked as hell and make tunes all day, nothin more fun. recently tho i've been struggling a bit....its like i expect to be able to make a song when i sit down, so my mind goes blank...gotta get my head in the right place again i think.

have fun making beats man :)

edit: i, too, am jealous of whitekush right now!

13. lol thanks guys,

1) yeah ns-10's are super key. now that i got them in my house, and i know them sonically i can go to any studio and mix on them and come out with a great sounding product.

2) freelancing for universal

3) into more hiphop stuff, but i do alot of alternative/acoustic stuff too.

14. God i hope none of u are aspiring rap artist cuz u just wasted tons of money.

Hope you enjoy it tho
    no one is a Ronald Jenkees tho. :)

15. I'm sure if money was our goal, we would've tried something more profitable haha. It's called a hobby my friend.

You aren't gonna get rich from sitting around and smoking herb all day. But it's sure as fuck a blast. :)

16. i make money...
    this is my job?

17. Not hating on it as a career, just trying to justify those of us who spend money on equipment for just a hobby. :smoke:

18. here's some pics of what i had set up over the summer. not pictured is my other laptop& midi controllers..

as soon as everything settles down with me, i'll be sure to have the work station ready..

my macbook actually got stolen a couple weeks ago.. ='(
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i think i'm going to do the music thing for a little though. it's been too long.