Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Seasoned Toker

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by CanaBliZZ, Mar 14, 2010.

1. #1 CanaBliZZ, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2010
    My parents believe that I smoke too much weed. I smoke several bowls throughout the day. I am active pot head I believe, I go to college. I enjoy hanging out with my girlfriend of four years in April.

I do my best to retain our family's traditions and try to spend a little bit of time with them each week even though I have work and school and my girl.

I basically smoke bowls throughout the day and my mom believes that this is detrimental to my health and mind. I just want to know that their are people smoking much more than me on a daily basis. I would say I only smoke a gram or less each day.

I usually buy an eight for 50 and flip it for 60 or sell dime or dub bags from it to support the habit. oh, i do not usually smoke regular weed unless I am boycotting my connect. (as i did last week, lol)

I am nineteen years old and I have been smoking daily since I was about sixteen or seventeen. I take prescription medication to deal with anxiety and another medication to handle mind racing.

So I want to know what you guys think about me, do you think I am a pot head or what. My dad today was so funny, he was like, "Joe, your a pot head, I can smell it right now." Mind you, he was laying down on the couch taking a nap and I had just walked in and started talking to him from work.

I do not want my parents to think of me as I am some intervention druggy, I smoke weed because I like it. I told my father I smoke marijuana as some drink coffee. I do not necessarily see my habit as a downside but they apparently do. They do not like marijuana because they say it is illegal. I have received a UPM and got an Adjournment in Contemplation of Dismissal. Which means I cannot get in trouble for a year or else they well re-instate the case and I can end up having to pay a big fine.

I just want my parents and I to have a good relationship, I believe that it's not physically the marijuana that is ruining our relationship but more so the fact that they think it is so bad when it is really not.

I think I decided that I am going to smoke up the rest that I have tonight, (only about one or two more bowl packs) and stop smoking around the house and being high around them to show them that I can in fact stop. They tell me, if your not addicted then quit. Well mom, I would quit but why would I quit something that makes me feel happy and nice.

I am in no way stopping to smoke my beloved mary jane but I guess I cannot be high and live my marijuana culture under their roof.

What do you guys think?

2. Validate their concerns, which will require thinking about exactly what they object too. See if your parents will watch "Grass" or "The Union" (most say the latter is better) with you, and have a discussion afterwards.

I might also suggest a t-break. With a break, you can better evaluate your own smoking habits. You sound like you are happy with your choices, and sometimes a break can help clarify things further. And like you said, abstaining from weed might show your parents that your life doesn't revolve around weed.