Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

seasoned toker seeking advice

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CannabisEnthusiast, Mar 12, 2014.

1. ok, I normally wouldent post about this but im in need of help from someone who perhaps has been through this in the past. I have been smoking for about 2 and a half years ( usually once a week maybe a bit less) and have always had a great time while high with my group of friends. very recently however I began to smoke and a new trend started, i began to psychologically profile people and think about what events in their lives caused them to be the way they currently are. ( very stoned thoughts, i know). and it wasnt so bad, but then it began to become kind of annoying, and consistently happening, mostly because i think i just convinced myself it would happen. Well anyway this began to progress into thoughts about myself and thoughts about my life and i realized i would just be sitting there thinking about seriuos thoughts when i should be enjoying myself. i have a future going for me and have a 4.3 GPA, so im not concerned, just confused. Then one night i said i wasnt going to smoke and I was going to start a project early, well long story short i ended up smoking and i made myself feel very guilty for doing this. the next morning was worse, i knew that i felt bad and just couldent decide what thoughts from the night before upset me. it became a week of mental agony feeling spacey and worried trying so hard to explain my strange feelings. it became a battle, i was trying not to think about thinking about my thoughts and it made no sense. I became so preoccupied in thought that life felt sorta fake, ( i continued to convince myself i was getting worse) a week later i smoked again but i was very hesitant and nervous i would have another night and next day full of negative thoughts, i had a good high but the next day i made myself feel so bad about it again for no reason. i convinced myself there was a problem that wasnt really there. i convinced myself that i couldent smoke happily anymore, now i am afraid to try to smoke again because the next day i tend to be lost in thought and seeking an answer for a problem that is imaginay.
    I just dont understand what suddenly made this occour now and never in my 2 years of toking, and i just want to return to normal life and be able to toke without thinking so much and breaking down mentally. I think i invented a problem for myself that isnt real and dont know what to do next, 
    please offer any advice,

2. Take a break from getting high, I have a challenge for you...

Don't smoke any pot till you can grow your own buds #1 it will motivate you #2 t will give you a break and time to think about things.

3. That's a long as time without your bae

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 Funk-D, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
    Stop thinking so much, get some pussy or something. Psychoanalyze to see what girls are down to fuck. 

5. Sounds like a big case of the "guilts".  I do that all the time.  Made a lifetime of feeling guilty about things.  I'll bet you feel guilty about many other things as well.  On some level you think you are doing something wrong.  If you think you have a problem please reach out and get help.  

6. This. Get drunk, fuck sluts, turn your brain off for a while and just enjoy the fact that you're still at a point in your life where you can do stupid shit like this.

7. You are thinking to much, listen to some music when you smoke.

8. This is the way of weed. It just seems you are paying attention. I see a few posters here that are attempting to get you to ignore the thoughts you are having and return to the shallows where it feels safe....but being a seasoned toker I can tell you that what you are experiencing is what people have always sought after who use Marijuana to it's most highest purpose...it opens a portal into your psyche that allows you to clearly see what you really are..what you have been doing and what you need to do..that guilt you are feeling is a symptom..a real manifestation of emotion and you should listen to it.

When I first starting using Marijuana in the late 60's, I was a kid and did childish things..thought childish thoughts...those are right for the times..but Marijuana is a powerful tool and it's misuse can be not all a positive thing..however, if you use it with the full knowledge that you might be seeing yourself in a light that might not make you happy, then accept that, use it and see for yourself what you can do to make small changes in your life so that those feelings of guilt or other negative feelings will not be necessary. Lets face it, you weren't feeling guilty for NO REASON..you were just having a moment of clarity.

Approach your use of the herb as a Shaman would...as a powerful tool for insight and you will come to an understanding within yourself that can tolerate the clarity and analysis that is a gift that you have found...

Or, in layman's terms: Marijuana gives insight into yourself. It is a very clear mirror that looks straight back at you and allows you to see the things that need improvement..it also just makes you high..but an aspect of some highs is this ultra introspection that can and should be used to better oneself..otherwise, you are just jerkin off....

9. I think you need to set down & seriously think about not thinking so much.

10. If there is anything I've learned in my 21 years on earth it's that there is always someone tryin to make you feel guilty, and most of the time it's yourself.

BloodBooger really has the best answer for you. There are various times in which I'll get high and then feel guilty for something in my life, simply due to the fact that marijuana does in fact open up a part of you, mentally, in which you gain better perspective and comprehend what you need to do to be better for yourself.

We as a society are too often fixated on other people's thoughts and other people's ideas of us that it's almost as if when we're not stoned we automatically gravitate to trying to fix those problems; problems that aren't really our own. People often forget though that over 2000 years ago, ancient Romans, Greeks, they all sought the image of themselves through how they depicted their own self. Weed works much like that in that it gives you better perspective on how you see yourself and what you need to change so that you can be more content with your own image. 

12. #13 Rootsphere_Farms, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
    I've also had thoughts similar to unmentionables, but it wasn't nearly anything close to it.. I had no job at the time and subconciously felt bad for myself, weed threw this in my face one night, didn't startle me or make me feel bad in anyway, just let me know what needed to be done. I just accepted it and moved on..

13. Sorry man its all in you head I think. And I don't think smoking once a week for 2 yrs is seasoned, maybe daily.