Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Seasoned smoker can't build a comfortable tolerance

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Jceed94, Sep 28, 2016.

1. So I started smoking when I was 14 I smoked daily throughout highschool and had a crazy high tolerance like a gram to the face 2-3+ times a day and loved weed more than anything the feeling was always amazing. Then around graduation of h.s I quit smoking for about 3 years with the occasional smoke here and there. I recently started again in March so about 6 months ago. It was iffy at first where half a hit would send me into a spiraling paranoia then it got better to an extent. I was able to smoke a small bowl with my gf and be ok but it was kind of a crap shoot as to paranoia or the old amazing feeling I used to get. Recently like past month I can't smoke at all just one day it was full blown panic attack and since then I've been taking one hit every hour or so with each hit having different effects. Either relaxing and good or panic attack. I can't live like this anymore I love weed and everything about it but I just want to smoke and enjoy it again and not fear the debilitating anxiety. I'm at the point where my gf pisses me off beyond belief when she's high bec im so jealous of her being able to enjoy it. Idk what to do all I want is the old pure relaxation I used to get. And the bud I've had this past month is some og Kush and I enjoyed it at first but now it's terrifying me I get the same feelings with either an indica or sativa. Idk what to do and my life has honestly become miserable bec of the only thing that helped me won't help me anymore

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You may be prone to panic attacks and high anxiety. I would see a doctor if the condition happens when you are not high.

3. What's weighing on your mind that you didn't use to worry about? Is there an area of your life you're fucking up? For now be happy with mild highs. Once you start worrying about having a panic attack you're more likely to have one. It's a vicious cycle so you need to start very slow and after not freaking out a few times maybe you'll get some confidence. Maybe. What are you paranoid of, anyway? Who's out to get you?

4. I am I've had them my whole life. Weed was what calmed me and helped me through it. Having thc in my system keeps the anxiety and panic down when I'm sober. the reason it's such a big deal that I can't smoke is that I need it in me or I'm always panicky and since I've been smoking less I've been more anxious on a daily basis

5. It's not always somthing in particular somtimes it's just an edgy scared feeling somtimes it's I'm going to have a heart attack and that's not from increased heart rate from smoking its even sober I fear I'm going to die it's weird. I've always had anxiety but the fear of dying is new I've tried therapy when I was younger and even a year or 2 ago with no luck since I have no real underlying issues I'm on the verge of getting meds but I really don't want to I would much rather be able to have the weed help then fill my body with drugs

6. So paranoia isn't really an issue, it's the anxiety? IMO you need to learn to not give a shit if you die of marijuana poisoning or not. When you can not care you won't have the anxiety. Practice that. Next time you think you're going to die remind yourself it don't matter if you do, you're not exactly enjoying this life anyway and internalize that concept. Just let it go. That'll be $.25.

• Like Like x 3
  7. What have you been smoking lately? If it is a speedy sativa it could cause panic attacks in those prone to such things. Try smoking only indicas for a bit.

8. It's a combination it's anxiety kinda 24/7 and paranoia when I smoke it brings out my anxiety. I think it has to do with such a low tolerance it's that too high feeling when you smoke way to much which now for me is like a hit and idk y my body isn't building a tolerance. Ik low tolerance is good but you need some sort of tolerance or else your just too high every time idk how to build a tolerance when I can't smoke it's a painful struggle. Since I noticed once my tolerance goes up to what your normal smokers is I can enjoy the nice buzz off a few hits and get the benefits of thc in me and for buds it's been a combo the past month I've had some sour desil. Sour crack some bubble gum Kush and lastly the og Kush. The og was the best with anxiety except for the past few days where my tolerance just decided to disappear

9. Mayb
    Maybe medical strains would help, high CBD.

10. Anticipation creates anxiety. Don't focus on stuff so hard and let things come naturally. I have a massive tolerance (3 or 4 grams a day) and I never anticipate my high and I can get faded fast if I am not careful. Work back into the habit slowly is my advice do the force it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yeah homie, take it nice it and slow. Don't be trying to be champ the moment you step into the ring, you gotta learn how to walk before you run.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks for the support. It sucks when it's somthing that made your life so much better in the past. Plus the fact that it's really the only thing that helps my GI issues. I got a boundless CFX and vaping has helped reduce the anxiety alot I can take 3-4 hits about every 40 min and be ok. I miss smoking more than anything but I'm hoping I can build a thc tolerance thru vaping and maybe be able to smoke again. I just hope my endocannabinoid system isn't changed for life and I will never fully be able to enjoy cannabis again

13. its your mind not your body. Unless you have a condition already. I agree with cactus ed, you gotta let that shit go say fuck it.

14. Yeah I agree^ sometimes when I'm doing new things I over think it and it really messes me up and makes me not want to do it anymore. To get better at those things I just stopped thinking about te future and thought about now. That helped me a lot, hopefully you too

~Faolan

• Like Like x 1