Seasoned Growers Please Read!!!!!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by ganjaganja, Oct 28, 2006.

1. :D <HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>
    i am groing 6 plants right now in my hydroponic setup. Im only about half a week into the grow. Do I really need a Co2 setup? If so do I need it now? During what stage of growth is it most benificial?

2. although you don't go into any detail about your grow space, i doubt you need co2. do you have a sealed room? just be sure to ventilate your grow area with fans and you'll be fine.

3. Why not start some homebrew? Wine or beer is fine. If you can situate the demi-john/bucket/whatever *above* the growing area, the CO2 will fall onto the plants, being heavier than air.

Or you can have it drop down over your intake vent inside or outside the grow space, to provide a stream of CO2 in the circulating air. If your fans are powerful enough, it should keep the CO2 moving around your plants just fine.

Even if you don't particularly want to make alcohol, some yeast+sugar+water in a bucket will produce enough CO2 to give a closet grower a noticable improvement in growth rates and temperature/light tolerance to make the whole thing worthwhile. I reckon it would be most useful in the flowering stage, being the main carbon source for increasing mass, i.e. budz. I don't know about sensi, but on a mature seeded cannabis plant, half the weight is seed. That's a lot of carbon.

If you are using a yeast-based CO2 generator, shake or stir daily and add sugar (pre-dissolved in luke warm water) every week or so. If you are not making wine, per se, remember to pour off alcohol every week, and replace with sweet warm water (1KG sugar in a gallon of water -ish. If the alcohol level reaches 20% (or thereabouts, depending on your yeast) the yeast will die. I have yeast starters (basically a CO2 generator in a jar) that have been bubbling away for months. So long as you keep everything clean and remember to stir and dilute regularly, you have a neat CO2 generator that only costs the price of a bag of sugar every week, or less.

I just make wine, and enjoy it with friends, why not? The plants are happy, and so am I!

BUT..

Generating CO2 adds to the global level of CO2. Not a lot, but still, it would be better if we didn't. If you find adding CO2 to be a real benefit (and many don't, probably because their atmospheric levels of CO2 are high to begin with - breathing produces LOADS of CO2, for example), then it's definitely better to save up for some proper CO2 equipment; the bottles are filled from recycled CO2, which causes no net increase in global CO2 levels.

I do notice a slight reduction in growth rates in that period between batches of wine, but I don't have enough data to warrant spending £300+ on CO2 equipment, yet.

-mu

4. I spray my plants with seltzer water. There is co2 in this. The co2 gets on the leaves and walla! Seems to work well for me.:)

5. I have one and am very pleased with the results. I hit them 3 times per week through out veg and flower. It is well worth your time to get one.

6. co2 really aint benificial, unless you have a large grow going, [ it will. make your plants thrive better, and they will tolerate higher heat levels with it. ] as long as your fresh air inlet ventilation is good. thats all the co2 you need!

i know you wont to do all you can for the girls, but this shouldnt even be a concern to you .... hakuna matata...... :smoking: