Seasoned growers, if someone knew would it stop you?...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 420FLASmoka, Jul 1, 2009.

1. So I recently had some unwanted exposure to my grow. I'm about 50% positive the 22 year old kid knows. Grounds for tearing down your grow, yes or no?

2. Dude he is 22. Most people his age could care less about some guy growing, heck he will probably ask you to get hooked up. Just hope he doesn't try to blackmail you :eek:

3. I'm not worried about him blackmailing me, but more about if he gets busted. 22 year old kid, gets busted for a little pot, says "hey, I know a grow operation." Now I only have 2 plants in georgia, but still.

I say terminate, but want to make sure it's not paranoia that shoots down a good thing.

4. Wait, is he involved in the grow himself or did he just stumble upon yours? I'm a little confused... :confused:

5. He stumbled onto mine. All it takes sometimes is one person mentioning "hey, I know a grower"

6. watch your spot for ANY signs of people being there but you...and if he tries to blackmail you-you might have to relocate....to his backyard

7. Ya that does present a problem. I would wait it out a couple days or set up some surveillance equip to watch over your grow and if he seems to lurk about, you might want to end your "hobby"

8. HE must be terminated...

9. I think you and your two plants will be fine. Any intelligent ganja smoker will know that 2 plants is hardly a multi-million dollar grow and him ratting you out would pretty much do nothing.

I knew a kid who tried to fuck my friend like that, the cops found his 3 plants (they were still rather small) and all they did was get angrier at the dude they picked up. I mean, yeah they still nailed my friend with possesion, but they were VERY easy on him and VERY hard on the other kid.

Karma is a bitch. :D

You should at least be a little more careful, just keep an eye out. If things start to get weird, take it down.

10. First, let me start by saying i myself am 22 years old... And i can tell you right now you guys got this all wrong...

IMHO, If i were you, i would be more worried about the kid stealing your plants bro.. In fact, ages 18-23 are probably the MOST likely to consider stealing your plants... But in this case, i also think it would be better to just keep growing and take the chance, rather than terminating the grow... I mean thats just as bad as getting them stolen lol.

As far as getting ratted out, i dont think you should worry too much.. Because (A) he may not even smoke, in which case he wouldnt be getting caught with weed (B) depending on the state you live in, all he would get is a slap on the wrist anyway for a small ammount. (C) in the small percentage of a chance that: he DID see your grow, and he DOES smoke, and he DOES get caught, and he IS facing serious charges, and the cop DOES question him, what are the odds that he would even mention you? :rolleyes:

So if anything i'd worry about getting robbed, not busted.

But i certainly wouldnt stop growing, because that turns the small percent chance of losing your crop into 100% chance losing your crop. :p

11. I have had a few people ask me why my closet was glowing..I simply said. "Because my closet light is on" not sure if they new what I was up to or not but meh.

After this grow I plan to wait till I move out of town for my next.

Everyone that knows are family members so I am not to worried.

However, most of them are hella jealous and amazed that I could grow such a beauty first attempt.

12. The thing is, he could mention it to someone. Who in turn could mention it to someone else, and along the line it goes.

I'd terminate, though it's a fucking hard decision. No chance of moving the grow op? Is it indoor or outdoor?

13. beat the kid to a pulp :)

14. Exactly. It's indoor. What happened was he saw a bud in a mason jar, an old branch with very immature buds on it that snapped months ago, and my ph meter in my guest bathroom (I was flushing my plants right before he got there). He came out of the bathroom and asked "So I saw that homegrown shit in the bathroom", I'm like "Huh?" and think about it for a second, and realize what he's talkin about and quickly said "Yea my buddy has a couple plants and he had that branch break off by accident, and I didn't have any smoke so I thought I'd take it from him." I did a pretty good pulling off the lie, keeping eye contact and everything, fully doctored, but you never know.

This kid I'm not too worried about robbing me. I should've shown him the 357 I've got sittin fully loaded lol. He does smoke bud, that's why he was there he got me a quarter of purp for $140. (expensive huh?). I might put up a new security cam system, any suggestions on the places to put the cams up? I live in a middle-class apartment community, so placing a security camera outside my front door might be a little suspicious.

15. And also, the kid might not know, but are the same hand just him knowing is a wild card factor. Could be a cool thing, as he might just want to get hooked up or maybe he even grows himself? But could be a very bad thing, didn't seem like the robbing type (and believe me I've seen plenty of the type) and we were hittin up Madden 09. He was a cool cat as far as I can tell, and he doesn't sell so, as someone said earlier, it would be almost pointless to turn me in for a petty weed charge. He didn't feel like a punk.

So far though, you guys are confirming my suspicions that I may have to quit by voting yes.

16. the polls a little vague though.
    I'd say thats minimal exposure.
    I wouldn't worry about it personally.

17. based on your lie I would say you are fine for now. Just keep watchin if he is acting suspicious then stop your op.

enjoy those purps too:smoke:

18. okayim going with no. however dont associate with him drug wise selling nor buying until shits all the way finished growing just some advice dont want chances cut the chance outta your life eve if u are buying from him or what not if u got another guy go that way... just avoid his presence at your house for time being.

19. Depends entirely on "who" knows because i have two very different neighbors,young pots heads, and an elderly couple,lol in my case i would rather none of them know.pots heads get jealous and become fake friends to get your bud and older people are old fashion and often think it's "highlly illegal"

20. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I think you're better off to terminate the grow at this point. Your lie covered it pretty well, but if the kid saw through it, might be a story he'd share with others. "I was over at this guy's place, obviously growing, but he tried to brush it off, like I would believe that; please I know a grow when I see one".

Who knows really, and that's the problem. Unless he's mute and incapable of writing or any other form of communication, you have zero control over who he tells. While he may be a decent guy, perhaps the people he tells or the people they tell are not as good of a judge of character and the wrong person finds out. One person knowing is as good as 100 knowing in my book.

I would end the grow, chill for a couple months, and if there's been no problem by that point start it back up, and make damn sure no one ever found out again. Your freedom, a whole lot of money, grow equipment, potential future employment, and more are on the line. You can always grow again in the future and in the grand scheme of things a couple of plants and a few months lost growing time are nothing compared to the headaches were you to get busted because of this guy, or someone he told.

Anyway take it for what it's worth, and if you do keep growing it will probably be ok, but it is more of a gamble than it was before. Unfortunately while you can control other risks like smell, noise, light leaks, power use, etc, this is one risk you won't have any control over, so weigh that carefully.