searched by the cops today

Discussion in 'Apprentice Tokers' started by backdecksmoker, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Funny story today I was walking with my friend that's on probation and we were near our old high school (we graduated last year) and the school security calls the cops on my friend because they know that hes caused trouble in the past. So were walking down the street and 3 cop cars pull up search my friend find a weapon and arrest him then they search me go through my bag that I had a bong in. But the dumb cop completely misses the bong! When he said I was free to go was probably the best thing I heard for a while haha to bad for my buddy though but he got out pretty quick.

2. reminds me of a time when i was sneaking out with a buddy of mine and a cop pulled us over past our curfew ( was under 18 at the time) and my friend had a half o in his POCKET and the cop missed it during the pat down.

3. cops aren't allowed to pull out anything they don't think is a weapon... or so that's how it's supposed to be.

if you say you don't consent to searches and he searches you and finds something, that's illegally seized evidence and you can fight it in court..

youtube 'flex your rights' there's a new updated video out there.. ;):wave::smoking:

4. Wow. How did the actual search of you go down. They had no legal right to search you unless you said they could. You're friend, on the other hand, was on probation so he is subject to search.

Sounds fishy to me.

5. Wow. so you just let him come up and search you randomly??

Hmm, weirdd.

6. I am sorry but COPS will do whatever the fuck they want to you. They'll make some lame excuse and then search you. You are screwed either way

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqcerf2jEgA]YouTube - Fuck Tha Police - Pineapple Express Clip[/ame]

7. I don't think they had the right to search you unless you were trespassing, that's there favorite excuse. What kind of weapon did your boy have? A gun or just like a concealed knife or something, because there's a big difference haha. You got lucky though, some cops can be really dumb and I've seen it first hand too when I passed a sobriety test at a dance after ten shots and a blunt.

8. #8 sinsemillaplease, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010

Actually in the United States, you're innocent until proven guilty before a court of law. That court part is where the cops "doing whatever the fuck they want" comes to judgement. They can do whatever they want in the field... but if it turns out it was illegal activity they often lose in court.

Our police state isn't that bad... yet.

I'm gonna have to do some checking... but I'm pretty sure trespassing doesn't give them any more right to search you further than the weapons patdown. A warrantless full search would only be done if there was probable cause that you are committing a crime.. and hiding evidence of that crime on your person. Now if it's an arrestable offense... which I don't think it is... they could search you with the arrest.

You've got to remember every crime on the books does not cause you to relinquish your fourth amendment rights.

9. I agree completely with you from a legal standpoint (not about the police state). Either way your screwed with the mental anguish you'll suffer dealing with the court system. Governments use COPS to perform violence acts and call it law. Our government is like a heroin addict. ( it just wants more and more). The government has become our master. The government today doesn't even remotely resemble what our founding fathers created.
    "The USA also has the highest total documented prison and jail population in the world"
    I am not sure if this is a creditable source,
    Incarceration in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

However I am a dreamer and believe in anarchy and self responsibility.

"The most absurd apology for authority and law is that they serve to diminish crime. Aside from the fact that the State is itself the greatest criminal, breaking every written and natural law, stealing in the form of taxes, killing in the form of war and capital punishment, it has come to an absolute standstill in coping with crime. It has failed utterly to destroy or even minimize the horrible scourge of its own creation."
    - Emma Goldman

10. Anarchy and self-responsibility don't go hand and hand. That's human nature.

11. are you guys telling me that if during a weapon patdown they feel a marijuana bag, they are not allowed to search you?

12. Well they could always threaten and intimidate you as we all know they do and depending on the offense as you said they could threaten to arrest you and therefore search your person upon arrest. I'm not sure though, either way you allowed them to search your belongings so that was the first mistake. I've had police ask numerous times if they could search my car or my person. They might get pissed but no is the best answer, even if you have nothing on you. There's no point in wasting 20 minutes getting searched and I like to keep the idea in the police's heads that they'll never get me to allow them to search me no matter what. That makes it easier when you do have something on you to say no, haha. Or at least for me it does.

They usually make you empty your pockets so if you leave something in there and they feel it I'm sure that's more than enough probable cause.

13. #13 backdecksmoker, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010
    Sorry for the late reply I know there not allowed to search me just randomly I even asked him nicely officer why am I getting searched im not doing anything wrong he said he didn't care and to put my hangs on the hood of the car and my friend had a can of bear mace haha

14. Wrong. Due to the plain touch doctrine, they may extract anything off you during a terry pat that they can identify as narcotics through their experience.

15. You need to firmly say no.

16. Yea next time this is what im doing it was my first time being searched so was pretty nervous and knew I had the bong in my bag so didn't wanna piss the cop off more if he did find it

17. Actually in the United States of America you're guilty until proven innocent.

Grasscity Deals Near You