Search for best led chip for homemade grow light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by hammerswinger, Jul 5, 2011.

1. In my search for easy and complete plans for making a up to date best led light i have come up with only outdated plans and parts. :( I want to make a new led grow light i believe now in 2011 the led chip already exists that can surpass all other lights in efficiency and grow yields. For example 0,64 KWH per gram dry bud at http://www.ledgrow.eu/.:) He is using cree chips. Recently i have found this website LED Lights Red Blue Green Purple White UV . These Luxeon leds sound very good to me because the all already wired and come with resistors installed so all one would need is a 12 volt power source and bang one's got light . In this case this could be a car battery with a car batter charger attached and plugged in to a regular 110 volt outlet. One would have to buy dimmers and on and off witches but with these one could build a led light quite easily, actually with no soldering at all or very little since one can just use quick connects (Car wiring type wire connectors). Also if a light ever went bad one could replace it easy and fast. Now i could use some help from someone good with electronics. Would a grow light using their components be as good a light as the one on the Growing Marijuana with LED, Growshow site because i think so far what i have seen that is the best led light out there. However it seems to complicated for me to build using separate components. Question Are Luxeon led's just as good as Cree led's? :confused:This is i think very important can someone smart in this field tell me if the 1 watt Luxeon is as good as the 1 watt Cree for growing. After all if a light wont give the same or better result as the one on Growing Marijuana with LED, Growshow its not worth building. I you know of a different super 1 watt led chip that is as good as the crees. Please post it.

2. Very informative. Not sure why nobody hasn't posted yet. Leds are finally coming around price wise, and if you shop around you can find or make a nice led.

3. I clicked on the website but i could not find any price list for the growlights. ?????