Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

SeamerMate Help (Gutter Sealant)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Loki_Da_Ganja, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Okay, I don't usually like to pester people with questions like this, but I'm at my wits end. I've been working on possibly my greatest homemade toy to date now (I'll do a Youtube vid once its done), and I need something to make a good seal with.

I was thinking of using this grayish goo in a tube called SeamerMate "Permanent Gutter Seal", but I have no idea if this is safe or not to use inside of it where there will be water (Its a Hookah). Or if I should just use it on the outside. Does anyone know if this is safe or not? I think as long as I let it cure and dry right there shouldn't be any problems, right?

The back of the tube says: "CAUTION: Contains aromatic hydrocarbons. Keep away from sparks and open flame, COMBUSTIBLE during cure. Avoid inhaling fumes. Use only in well ventilated area. Avoid contact with eyes or prolonged skin contact. In case of eye contact, flush with water and get medical attention if irritation persists. Harmful if ingested; if swallowed, do not induce vomiting, cal physician. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN."

Just a note: Flame would NOT be touching the sealant at any point during this things use, and making it so it doesn't touch the water is doable too. Or would Gorilla Glue be any better?

2. Check out using some painters caulk. That stuff is supposed to last on the outside of a house for like 40 years through the weather and shit, so I don't see how it wouldn't last in the hookah (unless it melted somehow, but I don't see that happening either).

3. use hot glue.... its the best